By Timothy Cole,Myung-Ja Han
This ebook presents a beginning of wisdom for catalogers, metadata librarians, and library college scholars at the Extensible Markup Language (XML)—one of the main ordinarily indexed skills in present day cataloger and metadata librarian task postings.
• Covers XML from easy strategies, similar to center syntax and grammar, to complicated issues, akin to transformation and schema design
• presents an in-depth examine metadata criteria utilized in the library area, together with MARC, Dublin middle, MODS, and others
• Introduces on hand XML instruments, utilities, and XML similar technologies
• comprises case stories that draw from real-world purposes that exhibit how XML is utilized in library cataloging and metadata workflows
Read or Download XML for Catalogers and Metadata Librarians (Third Millennium Cataloging) PDF
Similar library & information science books
Do librarians ‘rock the boat’? Do they problem these round them to win impact and virtue? Why is it that librarians are little came upon at the ‘influence’ grid of character overview assessments? The Machiavellian Librarian deals actual lifestyles examples of librarians who use their wisdom and ability to venture impact, and switch the tide of their, and their library’s, prefer.
The administration of data created in a firm not just permits reuse of data, but additionally provides worth to the association itself. combating duplication of highbrow attempt, it saves monetary and human assets, resulting in the production of recent info. This ebook gathers the knowledge of data managers and researchers within the context of the library and may be a worthwhile reference resource for all libraries.
The second version of The Care of Prints and Drawings presents sensible, basic recommendation to these liable for the protection of works on paper, starting from curators, facility managers, conservators, registrars, assortment care experts, deepest creditors, artists, or scholars of museum reviews, visible arts, artwork background, or conservation.
The excessive measure of web penetration and its social (and linguistic) results obviously impact how humans, and particularly the hugely weak more youthful generations, use language. the first target of the booklet is not just to spot the attribute positive aspects of the electronic language style (this has already been performed by way of a number of works) yet to envision how electronic communique impacts the language of alternative mediums of communique: orality, handwritten texts, digitally created yet now not digitally perceived, that's published texts, together with specifically ads (which speedy reply to linguistic change).
- The Concise New Partridge Dictionary of Slang and Unconventional English (Dictionary of Slang and Unconvetional English)
- Parents of Invention: The Development of Library Automation Systems in the Late 20th Century
- Pathways into Information Literacy and Communities of Practice: Teaching Approaches and Case Studies
- The Gift of the Unicorn and Other Animal Helper Tales for Storytellers, Educators, and Librarians
Additional resources for XML for Catalogers and Metadata Librarians (Third Millennium Cataloging)