By John A. Vasquez
Read Online or Download What Do We Know about War? PDF
Best war & peace books
Whereas the Islamic Republic has hired numerous recommendations to mitigate the worst excesses of inter-ethnic stress whereas nonetheless securing a Shi'a ruled "Persian hegemony," the systematic overlook of ethnic teams by means of either the Islamic Republic and its predecessor regime has led to the politicization of ethnic id in Iran.
For a very long time Russia’s place as a key worldwide power participant has more suitable Moscow’s foreign monetary and political effect while inflicting crisis among different states frightened of turning into too depending on Russia as an strength provider. the worldwide monetary concern shook this validated picture of Russia as an vital power superpower, resistant to adverse exterior impacts and published the complete quantity of Russia’s dependence on oil and gasoline for monetary and political effect.
More and more humanitarian NGOs function within the context of armed conflicts the place the safety hazards are better than in contexts of normal catastrophe. operating in Afghanistan, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Pakistan and Sri Lanka is very risky for humanitarians. This existential danger impacts the actual life of reduction staff and the implementation of humanitarian courses, and the middle ideals of humanitarians and the underlying ideas of humanitarian motion.
‘Track international relations and Jerusalem’ is the 1st in a sequence of 3 books which jointly current the paintings of the Jerusalem outdated urban Initiative, or JOCI, an important Canadian-led music diplomatic attempt, undertaken among 2003 and 2014. JOCI’s raison d’être was once to discover sustainable governance suggestions for the outdated urban of Jerusalem, arguably the main delicate and intractable of the ultimate prestige matters dividing Palestinians and Israelis.
- Voicing Dissent: American Artists and the War on Iraq (Routledge Studies in Law, Society and Popular Culture)
- Conflict After the Cold War: Arguments on Causes of War and Peace
- After Ethnic Conflict: Policy-making in Post-conflict Bosnia and Herzegovina and Macedonia (Southeast European Studies)
- Zur Dialektik der Kriege im 19. und 20. Jahrhundert unter besonderer Berücksichtigung des sogenannten Ersten Weltkrieges (German Edition)
- Die Friedens-Warte Heft 1-2/2015, Jg. 90: Intelligence! Konflikte und Konfliktvermeidung durch Informationsgewinnung (Zeitschrift "Die Friedens-Warte") (German Edition)
- Mediation of International Conflicts: A Rational Model (Routledge Studies in Security and Conflict Management)
Additional resources for What Do We Know about War?