By Frank Debenham
Read Online or Download The Voyage of Captain Bellingshausen to the Antarctic Seas, 1819-1821: Translated from the Russian Volume I (Hakluyt Society, Second Series) PDF
Best world history books
Assembling a whole and accomplished choice of fabric which illustrates all features of the emergent women’s move throughout the years 1850-1900, this interesting e-book will end up important to scholars of 19th century social background and women's stories, to these learning the Victorian novel and to sociologists.
Fondata nel 1895 da alcuni medici afro-americani esclusi dall’American clinical organization, los angeles nationwide scientific organization rivendicò, nel secondo dopoguerra, l’integrazione delle facoltà di medicina, delle organizzazioni professionali e delle strutture di cura. Il quantity fa luce sulla rilevanza della mobilitazione in campo sanitario e sul legame tra diritti civili e diritto alla salute nella storia delle organizzazioni afro-americane, contribuendo a ricostruire l’apporto della borghesia nera alla lotta in step with l. a. libertà afro-americana.
In 1946, at a time whilst different French colonies have been simply commencing to become independent from of French imperial regulate, the folks of the French Antilles-the Caribbean islands of Martinique and Guadeloupe-voted to affix the French country as departments (Départments d'outre mer, or DOMs). Eschewing independence in desire of entire integration with the metropole, the folk of the French Antilles affirmed their Frenchness in a major selection that will outline their citizenship and form their politics for many years to come back.
The political economist Thomas Robert Malthus (1766-1834) has received expanding and deserved scholarly consciousness in recent times. in addition to the republication of his works and letters, a wealthy physique of scholarship has been produced that enlightens our realizing of his suggestions and arguments. but little has been written at the ways that his message was once translated to, and interpreted via, a favored viewers.
- Revolutionary Refugees: German Socialism in Britain, 1840-1860 (Routledge Studies in Modern British History)
- Barbarism and Its Discontents (Cultural Memory in the Present)
- The Major International Treaties of the Twentieth Century: A History and Guide with Texts
- Rural–Urban Relationships in the Nineteenth Century: Uneasy neighbours? (Perspectives in Economic and Social History)
- Indians, Merchants, and Markets: A Reinterpretation of the Repartimiento and Spanish-Indian Economic Relations in Colonial Oaxaca, 1750-1821: A Reinterpretation ... Oaxaca, 1750-1821 (Social Science History)
- Pope Benedict XVI and the Politics of Modernity
Additional resources for The Voyage of Captain Bellingshausen to the Antarctic Seas, 1819-1821: Translated from the Russian Volume I (Hakluyt Society, Second Series)