By Stephen Brown,Jörn Grävingholt
Read Online or Download The Securitization of Foreign Aid (Rethinking International Development series) PDF
Similar poverty books
Offers a balanced and finished evaluate of social welfare coverage within the usa. this article is a part of the Connecting middle capabilities sequence. American Social Welfare coverage: A Pluralist strategy, short variation examines social welfare coverage within the usa, and comprises state of the art matters reminiscent of info at the 2008 presidential election, the economic system, the housing bust, the passage of Proposition eight in California, and masses extra.
This booklet deals the 1st complete exam of the felony function of public guardianship in 25 years, evaluating present stipulations to these while the final learn was once released in 1981. • contains case stories on public guardianship courses in ten varied states• deals bibliographic listings of works pointed out within the textual content• offers tables and charts displaying vital information
The NHS got here into life in an environment of clash targeted at the powerful ideological dedication of the Post-war Labour executive and the competition of the Conservative occasion of that point to the belief of a universally on hand and centrally deliberate therapy carrier. there has been additionally competition from a few sections of the clinical institution who feared the lack of specialist autonomy.
Regardless of the major value of responsibility for the legitimacy of humanitarian motion, insufficient educational recognition has been given to how the idea that of responsibility is evolving in the particular branches of the humanitarian company. prior to now, there exists no entire account of what we label the 'technologies of accountability', the results in their interplay, or the query of the way the present flip to decision-making software program and biometrics as either the skill and ends of responsibility may perhaps give a contribution to reshaping humanitarian governance.
- Consumer Vulnerability: Conditions, contexts and characteristics (Routledge Studies in Critical Marketing)
- Working in International Development and Humanitarian Assistance: A Career Guide
- The Politics of Aid to Burma: A Humanitarian Struggle on the Thai-Burmese Border (Routledge Contemporary Southeast Asia Series)
- The Care of Older People: England and Japan, A Comparative Study (Studies for the Society for the Social History of Medicine)
- Comparative Policy Studies: Conceptual and Methodological Challenges (ECPR Research Methods)
Extra resources for The Securitization of Foreign Aid (Rethinking International Development series)