By Rosalind Boyd
Read or Download The Search for Lasting Peace: Critical Perspectives on Gender-Responsive Human Security (Gender in a Global/Local World) PDF
Similar war & peace books
Whereas the Islamic Republic has hired numerous concepts to mitigate the worst excesses of inter-ethnic pressure whereas nonetheless securing a Shi'a ruled "Persian hegemony," the systematic overlook of ethnic teams by means of either the Islamic Republic and its predecessor regime has led to the politicization of ethnic identification in Iran.
For a very long time Russia’s place as a key international power participant has better Moscow’s overseas monetary and political effect while inflicting problem among different states petrified of turning into too depending on Russia as an strength provider. the worldwide monetary main issue shook this tested photograph of Russia as an integral strength superpower, resistant to damaging exterior affects and printed the entire quantity of Russia’s dependence on oil and gasoline for fiscal and political impression.
More and more humanitarian NGOs function within the context of armed conflicts the place the protection dangers are better than in contexts of typical catastrophe. operating in Afghanistan, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Pakistan and Sri Lanka is very risky for humanitarians. This existential chance impacts the actual lifestyles of reduction employees and the implementation of humanitarian courses, and the center ideals of humanitarians and the underlying ideas of humanitarian motion.
‘Track international relations and Jerusalem’ is the 1st in a chain of 3 books which jointly current the paintings of the Jerusalem previous urban Initiative, or JOCI, an enormous Canadian-led music diplomatic attempt, undertaken among 2003 and 2014. JOCI’s raison d’être was once to discover sustainable governance ideas for the outdated urban of Jerusalem, arguably the main delicate and intractable of the ultimate prestige concerns dividing Palestinians and Israelis.
- African Frontiers: Insurgency, Governance and Peacebuilding in Postcolonial States (The Ashgate Plus Series in International Relations and Politics)
- Partnerships, Power and Peacebuilding: NGOs as Agents of Peace in Aceh and Timor-Leste (Rethinking Peace and Conflict Studies)
- Cooperation and Protracted Conflict in International Affairs: Cycles of Reciprocity
- Arms Control in Space: Exploring Conditions for Preventive Arms Control (Palgrave Studies in International Relations)
- Humanitarian NGOs, (In)Security and Identity: Epistemic Communities and Security Governance (Global Security in a Changing World)
Extra info for The Search for Lasting Peace: Critical Perspectives on Gender-Responsive Human Security (Gender in a Global/Local World)