By Thomas Faist,Margit Fauser,Peter Kivisto
Read or Download The Migration-Development Nexus: A Transnational Perspective (Migration, Diasporas and Citizenship) PDF
Best demography books
Elevated lady participation within the labour marketplace is a really major characteristic of modern monetary improvement. This quantity analyzes how demographic stipulations have favorite or slowed the rise and what the demographic results of the rise will be.
The USA is without doubt one of the wealthiest countries on the earth, however it is much from the healthiest. Although lifestyles expectancy and survival charges within the usa have more desirable dramatically during the last century, americans dwell shorter lives and event extra accidents and health problems than humans in different high-income international locations.
Most folks price to have teenagers nonetheless hugely. yet what's the optimum second to have the 1st? the choice on having kids or no longer and if definite at the timing of the 1st is likely one of the so much tough ones to make, additionally since it roughly coincides with numerous different heavy judgements on shaping the existence direction (like on union formation, labour industry occupation, housing lodging, and so forth.
In response to China’s lately published 2010 inhabitants census info, this edited quantity analyses the newest demographic traits in China, within the context of important social and fiscal upheavals. The editor and the specialist members describe the most beneficial properties of China’s demography, and concentrate on the main points of this most up-to-date section of its demographic transition.
- A Primer of Population Dynamics (The Springer Series on Demographic Methods and Population Analysis)
- Population Forecasting 1895–1945: The Transition to Modernity (European Studies of Population)
- Meanings of Life in Contemporary Ireland: Webs of Significance (Cultural Sociology)
- Applied Multiregional Demography: Migration and Population Redistribution (SpringerBriefs in Population Studies)
- The World's Religions in Figures: An Introduction to International Religious Demography
- Young People, Class and Place
Extra resources for The Migration-Development Nexus: A Transnational Perspective (Migration, Diasporas and Citizenship)