By Leonard C. Wharton,Sir Everard Im Thurn
Read Online or Download The Journal of William Lockerby, Sandalwood Trader in the Fijian Islands during the Years 1808-1809: With an Introduction and Other Papers connected with ... the Islands (Hakluyt Society, Second Series) PDF
Best world history books
Assembling a whole and accomplished selection of fabric which illustrates all facets of the emergent women’s stream through the years 1850-1900, this attention-grabbing booklet will turn out helpful to scholars of 19th century social historical past and women's stories, to these learning the Victorian novel and to sociologists.
Fondata nel 1895 da alcuni medici afro-americani esclusi dall’American clinical organization, l. a. nationwide clinical organization rivendicò, nel secondo dopoguerra, l’integrazione delle facoltà di medicina, delle organizzazioni professionali e delle strutture di cura. Il quantity fa luce sulla rilevanza della mobilitazione in campo sanitario e sul legame tra diritti civili e diritto alla salute nella storia delle organizzazioni afro-americane, contribuendo a ricostruire l’apporto della borghesia nera alla lotta according to l. a. libertà afro-americana.
In 1946, at a time whilst different French colonies have been simply starting to separate from of French imperial keep watch over, the folk of the French Antilles-the Caribbean islands of Martinique and Guadeloupe-voted to hitch the French kingdom as departments (Départments d'outre mer, or DOMs). Eschewing independence in want of entire integration with the metropole, the folks of the French Antilles affirmed their Frenchness in a major choice that may outline their citizenship and form their politics for many years to return.
The political economist Thomas Robert Malthus (1766-1834) has won expanding and deserved scholarly recognition lately. in addition to the republication of his works and letters, a wealthy physique of scholarship has been produced that enlightens our figuring out of his suggestions and arguments. but little has been written at the ways that his message used to be translated to, and interpreted through, a well-liked viewers.
- U.S. International Exhibitions during the Cold War: Winning Hearts and Minds through Cultural Diplomacy
- Narratives of Drunkenness: Belgium, 1830–1914: Volume 15 (Perspectives in Economic and Social History)
- The Desert Route to India, Being the Journals of Four Travellers by the Great Desert Caravan Route between Aleppo and Basra, 1745-1751 (Hakluyt Society, Second Series)
- Difficult Death: The Life and Work of Jens Peter Jacobsen
- The City and the Senses: Urban Culture Since 1500 (Historical Urban Studies Series)
- The Guanches of Tenerife, The Holy Image of Our Lady of Candelaria, and the Spanish Conquest and Settlement, by the Friar Alonso de Espinosa (Hakluyt Society, Second Series)
Extra info for The Journal of William Lockerby, Sandalwood Trader in the Fijian Islands during the Years 1808-1809: With an Introduction and Other Papers connected with ... the Islands (Hakluyt Society, Second Series)