By Clements R. Markham
Read Online or Download The Journal of Christopher Columbus (during his First Voyage, 1492-93): And Documents relating to the Voyages of John Cabot and Gaspar Corte Real (Hakluyt Society, First Series) PDF
Best world history books
Assembling a whole and accomplished selection of fabric which illustrates all elements of the emergent women’s circulate in the course of the years 1850-1900, this attention-grabbing e-book will turn out worthy to scholars of 19th century social heritage and women's reviews, to these learning the Victorian novel and to sociologists.
Fondata nel 1895 da alcuni medici afro-americani esclusi dall’American clinical organization, l. a. nationwide clinical organization rivendicò, nel secondo dopoguerra, l’integrazione delle facoltà di medicina, delle organizzazioni professionali e delle strutture di cura. Il quantity fa luce sulla rilevanza della mobilitazione in campo sanitario e sul legame tra diritti civili e diritto alla salute nella storia delle organizzazioni afro-americane, contribuendo a ricostruire l’apporto della borghesia nera alla lotta consistent with los angeles libertà afro-americana.
In 1946, at a time while different French colonies have been simply commencing to become independent from of French imperial regulate, the folk of the French Antilles-the Caribbean islands of Martinique and Guadeloupe-voted to hitch the French kingdom as departments (Départments d'outre mer, or DOMs). Eschewing independence in desire of entire integration with the metropole, the folk of the French Antilles affirmed their Frenchness in an immense selection that may outline their citizenship and form their politics for many years to come back.
The political economist Thomas Robert Malthus (1766-1834) has won expanding and deserved scholarly consciousness lately. in addition to the republication of his works and letters, a wealthy physique of scholarship has been produced that enlightens our knowing of his options and arguments. but little has been written at the ways that his message was once translated to, and interpreted through, a favored viewers.
- British Narratives of Exploration: Case Studies on the Self and Other: Volume 2 (Empires in Perspective)
- Camera Graeca: Photographs, Narratives, Materialities (Publications of the Centre for Hellenic Studies, King's College London)
- The Voyage of George Vancouver, 1791–1795: Volume 4 (Hakluyt Society, Second Series)
- Gender and Emotions in Medieval and Early Modern Europe: Destroying Order, Structuring Disorder
- The Woman of the Eighteenth Century: Her Life, from Birth to Death, Her Love and Her Philosophy in the Worlds of Salon, Shop and Street (Routledge Library Editions: Women's History)
Extra info for The Journal of Christopher Columbus (during his First Voyage, 1492-93): And Documents relating to the Voyages of John Cabot and Gaspar Corte Real (Hakluyt Society, First Series)