By Ivana Kovacic,Michael J. Brennan
The Duffing Equation offers a reference textual content for postgraduate and scholars and researchers of mechanical engineering and vibration / nonlinear dynamics in addition to a great tool for practicing mechanical engineers.
- Includes a bankruptcy dedicated to old history on Georg Duffing and the equation that was once named after him.
- Includes a bankruptcy exclusively dedicated to useful examples of structures whose dynamic behaviour is defined by way of the Duffing equation.
- Contains a entire therapy of a number of the varieties of the Duffing equation.
- Uses experimental, analytical and numerical equipment in addition to techniques of nonlinear dynamics to regard the actual structures in a unified way.
Read or Download The Duffing Equation: Nonlinear Oscillators and their Behaviour PDF
Similar differential equations books
Incorporating a few improvements, answer innovations for hassle-free Partial Differential Equations, moment version offers essentially the most vital and conventional equipment for fixing partial differential equations (PDEs). The strategies coated comprise separation of variables, approach to features, eigenfunction growth, Fourier and Laplace alterations, Green’s features, perturbation equipment, and asymptotic research.
Written through a number one pupil in arithmetic, this monograph discusses the Radon remodel, a box that has vast ranging purposes to X-ray know-how, partial differential equations, nuclear magnetic resonance scanning, and tomography. during this booklet, Ehrenpreis specializes in fresh learn and highlights the robust courting among high-level natural arithmetic and functions of the Radon rework to parts reminiscent of clinical imaging.
This monograph is meant to provide the basics of the speculation of summary parabolic evolution equations and to teach tips on how to practice to numerous nonlinear dif- sion equations and platforms bobbing up in technology. the idea supplies us a uni? ed and s- tematic therapy for concrete nonlinear diffusion types.
Medical Computing and Differential Equations: An creation to Numerical tools, is a superb supplement to creation to Numerical equipment through Ortega and Poole. The publication emphasizes the significance of fixing differential equations on a working laptop or computer, which includes a wide a part of what has grow to be referred to as medical computing.
- Applied Non-Linear Dynamical Systems (Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & Statistics)
- Stochastic Partial Differential Equations with Lévy Noise: An Evolution Equation Approach (Encyclopedia of Mathematics and its Applications)
- Large-Scale Inverse Problems and Quantification of Uncertainty (Wiley Series in Computational Statistics)
- Elliptic–Hyperbolic Partial Differential Equations: A Mini-Course in Geometric and Quasilinear Methods (SpringerBriefs in Mathematics)
Extra info for The Duffing Equation: Nonlinear Oscillators and their Behaviour