By Nicholas J. Cull
Read Online or Download The Decline and Fall of the United States Information Agency: American Public Diplomacy, 1989–2001 (Palgrave Macmillan Series in Global Public Diplomacy) PDF
Best freedom & security books
Firstly of the twenty-first century, millions of grownup Europeans on a regular basis costume up as Scots. They march in kilted pipe and drum bands, toss tree trunks at Highland video games power competitions, crusade for monuments to commemorate long-gone Scottish infantrymen, even bodily re-enact the Scottish earlier, in armour and belted plaid.
The thawing Antarctic continent deals dwelling area and marine and mineral assets that have been formerly inaccessible. This e-book discusses how revisiting the Antarctic Treaty process and dividing up the continent preemptively may well spare the area severe clash. • Argues that the Antarctic Treaty, which used to be opened for signature in 1959, should be reconsidered considering that strain keeps to construct for the career of the continent and the exploitation of its residing and non-living assets • means that foreign clash over Antarctica is probably going within the coming many years, really as the ban on mineral assets is up for revision in 2048• Argues that policymakers have to draw classes from the industrial festival the realm is now witnessing within the thawing Arctic Ocean
Protection in Africa: A severe method of Western signs of danger questions the dominant Western narrative of defense threats in Africa. in keeping with an research conventional safety reviews and Western safeguard coverage, it argues that conventional symptoms are in accordance with mainstream defense reports and supply simply circumscribed analyses of threats to overseas defense.
From early modernity to at the present time, society has encountered a number of sorts of interpersonal violence. via exploration of specific parts inside Europe and Russia to Africa, the USA and Asia, this assortment provides either alterations and connections between quite a few kinds of interpersonal violence in several occasions, locations, institutional orders and relationships.
- Trilateralism and Beyond: Great Power Politics and the Korean Security Dilemma During and After the Cold War (New Studies in U.S. Foreign Relations)
- Going Public: New Strategies of Presidential Leadership
- The Final Act: The Helsinki Accords and the Transformation of the Cold War (America in the World)
- Crafting an African Security Architecture: Addressing Regional Peace and Conflict in the 21st Century (The International Political Economy of New Regionalisms Series)
- High Stakes and Stakeholders: Oil Conflict and Security in Nigeria
- Victims as Security Threats: Refugee Impact on Host State Security in Africa (Global Security in a Changing World)
Additional info for The Decline and Fall of the United States Information Agency: American Public Diplomacy, 1989–2001 (Palgrave Macmillan Series in Global Public Diplomacy)