By James J. Dillon
Read Online or Download Teaching Psychology and the Socratic Method: Real Knowledge in a Virtual Age PDF
Best greek & roman philosophy books
This e-book deals the 1st synoptic learn of ways the first components in wisdom constructions have been analysed in antiquity from Plato to overdue old commentaries. It argues that, within the Platonic-Aristotelian culture, the query of beginning issues was once handled from designated issues of view: as a query of the way we gather simple wisdom; and as a query of the premises we could instantly settle for within the line of argumentation.
In quantity of Ernest Fortin: accumulated Essays, Fortin offers with the connection among faith and civil society in a Christian context: that of an primarily nonpolitical yet certainly not completely otherwordly faith, lots of whose teachings have been regarded as essentially at odds with the tasks of citizenship.
Antisthenes of Athens (c. 445-365 BCE) used to be a well-known historical disciple of Socrates, senior to Plato through fifteen years and inspirational to Xenophon. he's suitable to 2 of the best turning issues in historical highbrow background, from pre-Socraticism to Socraticism, and from classical Athens to the Hellenistic interval.
Diagoras of Melos (lyric poet, fifth c. B. C. ) has got targeted recognition for it slow now simply because he was once considered as an intensive atheist and the writer of a prose paintings on atheism in antiquity. He was once infamous for revealing and ridiculing the Eleusinian Mysteries and used to be condemned for impiety at Athens.
- The Greeks Who Made Us Who We Are: Eighteen Ancient Philosophers, Scientists, Poets and Others
- Beiträge zu den Fragmenten des Klearchos von Soloi (Untersuchungen zur antiken Literatur und Geschichte) (German Edition)
- Parmenides of Elea: A Verse Translation with Interpretative Essays and Commentary to the Text (Contributions in Philosophy,)
- The Frontiers of Ancient Science: Essays in Honor of Heinrich von Staden (Beiträge zur Altertumskunde)
- Eros and Socratic Political Philosophy (Recovering Political Philosophy)
- Mythos – Wissenschaft – Philosophie: Zur Entstehung der okzidentalen Rationalität in der griechischen Antike Band 1-3 (German Edition)
Additional info for Teaching Psychology and the Socratic Method: Real Knowledge in a Virtual Age