By Marc Farley
An creation to garage units, Subsystems, functions, administration, and dossier Systems
- Learn primary garage options with this complete advent
- Compare garage machine applied sciences, together with Fibre Channel, SCSI, ATA, and SATA and comprehend their makes use of in community garage subsystems
- Learn approximately key garage tactics akin to quantity administration, garage virtualization, information snapshots, mirroring, RAID, backup, and multipathing
- Clarify the jobs of dossier structures and databases inside community garage
- Take the following step—this e-book prepares you to develop into a garage networking expert
Storage networking has develop into an important aspect in web details infrastructures. changing into efficient during this new and critical expertise quarter calls for a valid knowing of garage applied sciences and rules. Storage Networking Fundamentals can provide an in-depth check out crucial garage applied sciences. the complete garage panorama is defined, incorporating an entire view of process, gadget, and subsystem operations and techniques. the right way to guard information successfully utilizing mirroring, RAID, distant reproduction, and backup/ restoration platforms. digital garage applied sciences, resembling quantity administration, RAID, and community virtualization, are analyzed and mentioned intimately. High-availability garage via dynamic multipathing and clustered/distributed dossier structures is defined as are designs for strong garage subsystems. ultimately, the complicated and arcane worlds of dossier structures and SCSI are clarified, together with the position of initiators, ambitions, logical devices, and LUNs.
Storage Networking Fundamentals is a complete review of garage applied sciences that still presents insights on designing and working SAN and NAS implementations.
This booklet is a part of the Cisco Press basics sequence. Books during this sequence introduce networking pros to new networking applied sciences, protecting community topologies, instance deployment strategies, protocols, and administration techniques.
Read or Download Storage Networking Fundamentals: An Introduction to Storage Devices, Subsystems, Applications, Management, and File Systems: Vol 1 PDF
Similar systems architecture books
This can be either a realistic and theoretical advisor detailing the best way to installation a profitable ProVision® procedure, utilizing a few genuine enterprise situations alongside the best way. not like different structure books, the process is holistic - it appears on the complete lifecycle of creating a enterprise case, via to utilizing the product.
This booklet describes how engineers could make optimal use of the 2 typical analysis/design instruments, SystemC and SystemC-AMS. The authors use a system-level layout procedure, emphasizing how SystemC and SystemC-AMS gains will be exploited such a lot successfully to analyze/understand a given digital procedure and discover the layout area.
This booklet is vital analyzing for these wishing to acquire a platforms point of view and a vast view at the historical past, functionality and alertness of the most recent advancements in HSPA within the context of the calls for on today’s cellular broadband units and networks. It takes the reader backstage of 3GPP and gives an simply obtainable realizing of the elemental rules, the newest steps within the standard’s evolution, and the motivations in the back of the improvement of standardized beneficial properties.
This publication introduces a brand new point of abstraction that closes the distance among the textual specification of embedded platforms and the executable version on the digital method point (ESL). Readers should be enabled to function at this new, Formal Specification point (FSL), utilizing versions which not just let major verification initiatives during this early level of the layout stream, but in addition will be extracted semi-automatically from the textual specification in an interactive demeanour.
- Multicore and GPU Programming: An Integrated Approach
- Arbitrary Modeling of TSVs for 3D Integrated Circuits (Analog Circuits and Signal Processing)
- Debugging Systems-on-Chip: Communication-centric and Abstraction-based Techniques (Embedded Systems)
- SystemVerilog Assertions and Functional Coverage: Guide to Language, Methodology and Applications
- Analog Integrated Circuit Design Automation: Placement, Routing and Parasitic Extraction Techniques
- Linux with Operating System Concepts
Extra info for Storage Networking Fundamentals: An Introduction to Storage Devices, Subsystems, Applications, Management, and File Systems: Vol 1