By Joseph L. Fleiss,Bruce Levin,Myunghee Cho Paik
—American magazine of Psychiatry
In the 2 many years because the moment variation of Statistical equipment for charges and Proportions was once released, evolving applied sciences and new methodologies have considerably replaced the way in which today’s records are considered and dealt with. The explosive improvement of private computing and statistical software program has facilitated the delicate research of information, placing functions that have been as soon as the area of experts into the fingers of each researcher.
The Third Edition of this significant textual content addresses those alterations and brings the literature modern. whereas the former variation all for using computer and hand held calculators, the recent variation takes complete good thing about smooth computing energy with out wasting the stylish simplicity that made the textual content so well liked by scholars and practitioners alike. In authoritative but transparent terminology, the authors have introduced the technology of information research brand new with no compromising its accessibility.
Features of the Third Edition include:
- New fabric on pattern dimension calculations and matters in medical trials, and fully new chapters on single-sample information, logistic regression, Poisson regression, regression types for matched samples, the research of correlated binary facts, and techniques for interpreting fourfold tables with lacking data
- The addition of many new difficulties, either numerical and theoretical
- Answer sections for numerical difficulties and tricks for tackling the theoretical ones
- A frequentist technique more suitable by way of the inclusion of empirical Bayesian method the place appropriate
Combining the most recent learn with the unique stories that validated the former variants as leaders within the box, Statistical equipment for premiums and Proportions, 3rd Edition will remain a useful source for college students, statisticians, biostatisticians, and epidemiologists.
Read Online or Download Statistical Methods for Rates and Proportions (Wiley Series in Probability and Statistics) PDF
Similar probability & statistics books
This available booklet goals to assemble in one quantity the necessities of stochastic networks. Stochastic networks became customary as a simple version of many actual structures in a various variety of fields. Written by way of best authors within the box, this publication is intended for use as a reference or supplementary studying via practitioners in operations learn, desktops, communications networks, creation making plans, and logistics.
For the 1st variants of the booklet chance (GTM 95), each one bankruptcy incorporated a complete and numerous set of proper workouts. whereas the paintings at the 3rd variation used to be nonetheless in growth, it was once determined that it might be extra acceptable to put up a separate ebook that may include the entire workouts from past editions, in addition to many new workouts.
Myoung-jae Lee experiences the 3 preferred tools (and their extensions) in utilized economics and different social sciences: matching, regression discontinuity, and distinction in modifications. This publication introduces the underlying econometric and statistical rules, exhibits what's pointed out and the way the pointed out parameters are anticipated, and illustrates how they're utilized with genuine empirical examples.
This booklet offers a normal advent to the R Commander graphical consumer interface (GUI) to R for readers who're surprising with R. it really is appropriate to be used as a supplementary textual content in a uncomplicated or intermediate-level statistics path. it's not meant to exchange a simple or different data textual content yet particularly to enrich it, even though it does advertise sound statistical perform within the examples.
- The Single Server Queue (North-Holland Series in Applied Mathematics and Mechanics)
- An Introduction to the Theory of Point Processes: Volume II: General Theory and Structure: 2 (Probability and Its Applications)
- Time Series Analysis (Wiley Series in Probability and Statistics)
- Stochastic Integration (Probability and Mathematical Statistics)
- Basic Linear Geostatistics
Additional resources for Statistical Methods for Rates and Proportions (Wiley Series in Probability and Statistics)