By Jasmin Azemovic
- Design and administer your SQL Server resolution at the open resource Linux platform
- Install, configure, and fine-tune your database software for max performance
- An easy-to-follow consultant instructing you the way to enforce a variety of SQL Server CTP 2.x choices on Linux—from deploy to administration
Microsoft's release of SQL Server on Linux has made SQL Server a very flexible platform throughout assorted working structures and data-types, either on-premise and on-cloud.
This booklet is your convenient advisor to constructing and enforcing your SQL Server resolution at the open resource Linux platform. you'll commence through realizing how SQL Server may be put in on supported and unsupported Linux distributions. then you definately will brush up your SQL Server talents by way of growing and querying database gadgets and imposing uncomplicated management projects to help enterprise continuity, together with safety and function optimization. This e-book also will take you past the fundamentals and spotlight a few complicated themes equivalent to in-memory OLTP and temporal tables.
By the top of this publication, it is possible for you to to acknowledge and make the most of the entire power of developing an effective SQL Server database resolution on your Linux environment.
What you are going to learn
- Install and manage SQL Server CTP 2.x on Linux
- Create and paintings with database items utilizing SQL Server on Linux
- Configure and administer SQL Server on Linux-based systems
- Create and restoration database back-ups
- Protect delicate information utilizing the integrated cryptographic features
- Optimize question execution utilizing indexes
- Improve question execution time through greater than 10x utilizing in-memory OLTP
- Track row-versioning utilizing temporal tables
About the Author
Jasmin Azemovic is a college professor lively within the database platforms, info safety, facts privateness, forensic research, and fraud detection fields. His PhD measure was once in modeling layout and constructing an atmosphere for the protection of privateness inside of database platforms. he's the writer of many medical study papers and books: Writing T-SQL Queries for newbies utilizing Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and Securing SQL Server 2012. He has been a Microsoft MVP (Data Platform) for the final 10 years and a data protection advisor. he's an lively speaker at many IT expert and neighborhood conferences.
Table of Contents
- Linux distributions
- Installation and configuration
- SQL Server basics
- Database within the sandbox
- Sample databases
- Crash path in querying
- Backup and restoration operations
- User management
- Implementing info protection
- In-memory OLTP
- Beyond SQL Server
Read or Download SQL Server on Linux PDF
Best information technology books
Application administration is a quickly rising offshoot of undertaking administration. lots in order that AT&T, IBM, and different organisations, either huge and small in all sectors, have initiated a push to certify software managers. And, even though universities supply classes in software administration, there are few books on hand to lead application managers via this box that calls for a wide point of information and event.
This isn't one other how-to consultant for software managers or one other reiteration of the venture administration Institute’s criteria for software administration. in its place, software administration management: developing winning workforce Dynamics examines a number of management ways and illustrates the worth of powerful management types in software Management for attaining application and undertaking luck.
Are you suffering to realize an intensive realizing of your organization's information source? Are you discovering that your information source has turn into fairly disparate via lack of knowledge? Are you having hassle constructing significant meta-data approximately your facts source, or knowing the meta-data which have been constructed?
Key FeaturesGet to grips with the fundamentals of Elasticsearch ideas and its APIs, and use them to create effective applicationsCreate large-scale Elasticsearch clusters and practice analytics utilizing aggregationThis entire advisor gets you up and working with Elasticsearch five. x in no timeBook DescriptionElasticsearch is a latest, quickly, allotted, scalable, fault tolerant, and open resource seek and analytics engine.
- IBM DB2 9.7 Advanced Administration Cookbook
- PRAGMATIC Security Metrics: Applying Metametrics to Information Security
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Scripting Cookbook
- Practical GIS
Additional info for SQL Server on Linux