By Tonny J. Oyana,Florence Margai
An introductory textual content for the following new release of geospatial analysts and information scientists, Spatial research: statistics, Visualization, and Computational tools focuses at the basics of spatial research utilizing conventional, modern, and computational equipment. Outlining either non-spatial and spatial statistical ideas, the authors current functional purposes of geospatial information instruments, thoughts, and methods in geographic reviews. they provide a problem-based studying (PBL) method of spatial analysis—containing hands-on problem-sets that may be labored out in MS Excel or ArcGIS—as good as specific illustrations and diverse case reports.
The ebook permits readers to:
- Identify varieties and represent non-spatial and spatial data
- Demonstrate their competence to discover, visualize, summarize, study, optimize, and obviously current statistical information and results
- Construct testable hypotheses that require inferential statistical analysis
- Process spatial info, extract explanatory variables, behavior statistical checks, and clarify results
- Understand and interpret spatial info summaries and statistical tests
Spatial research: facts, Visualization, and Computational Methods comprises conventional statistical equipment, spatial records, visualization, and computational equipment and algorithms to supply a concept-based problem-solving studying method of getting to know functional spatial research. subject matters lined comprise: spatial descriptive equipment, speculation checking out, spatial regression, scorching spot research, geostatistics, spatial modeling, and information science.
Read Online or Download Spatial Analysis: Statistics, Visualization, and Computational Methods PDF
Best probability & statistics books
This available booklet goals to gather in one quantity the necessities of stochastic networks. Stochastic networks became standard as a easy version of many actual platforms in a various variety of fields. Written by way of major authors within the box, this booklet is intended for use as a reference or supplementary examining by means of practitioners in operations study, desktops, communications networks, construction making plans, and logistics.
For the 1st versions of the ebook chance (GTM 95), every one bankruptcy incorporated a entire and various set of appropriate routines. whereas the paintings at the 3rd version was once nonetheless in development, it used to be determined that it might be extra acceptable to submit a separate booklet that may contain the entire workouts from past editions, in addition to many new routines.
Myoung-jae Lee reports the 3 most well liked equipment (and their extensions) in utilized economics and different social sciences: matching, regression discontinuity, and distinction in alterations. This booklet introduces the underlying econometric and statistical principles, indicates what's pointed out and the way the pointed out parameters are anticipated, and illustrates how they're utilized with genuine empirical examples.
This publication presents a common advent to the R Commander graphical person interface (GUI) to R for readers who're strange with R. it really is appropriate to be used as a supplementary textual content in a uncomplicated or intermediate-level records direction. it's not meant to switch a simple or different information textual content yet fairly to counterpoint it, even though it does advertise sound statistical perform within the examples.
- Interest Rate Modeling: Theory and Practice (Chapman and Hall/CRC Financial Mathematics Series)
- Stochastic Models with Power-Law Tails: The Equation X = AX + B (Springer Series in Operations Research and Financial Engineering)
- An Introduction to Stochastic Orders
- Methods in Brain Connectivity Inference through Multivariate Time Series Analysis (Frontiers in Neuroengineering Series)
Additional resources for Spatial Analysis: Statistics, Visualization, and Computational Methods