By P. R. Kumaraswamy,Ian Copland
Read or Download South Asia: The Spectre of Terrorism PDF
Best freedom & security books
Initially of the twenty-first century, hundreds of thousands of grownup Europeans usually gown up as Scots. They march in kilted pipe and drum bands, toss tree trunks at Highland video games energy competitions, crusade for monuments to commemorate long-gone Scottish squaddies, even bodily re-enact the Scottish prior, in armour and belted plaid.
The thawing Antarctic continent deals dwelling area and marine and mineral assets that have been formerly inaccessible. This ebook discusses how revisiting the Antarctic Treaty process and dividing up the continent preemptively might spare the area severe clash. • Argues that the Antarctic Treaty, which was once opened for signature in 1959, has to be reconsidered on the grounds that strain maintains to construct for the career of the continent and the exploitation of its residing and non-living assets • means that foreign clash over Antarctica is probably going within the coming a long time, rather as the ban on mineral assets is up for revision in 2048• Argues that policymakers have to draw classes from the industrial pageant the area is now witnessing within the thawing Arctic Ocean
Protection in Africa: A severe method of Western symptoms of risk questions the dominant Western narrative of safeguard threats in Africa. according to an research conventional defense reports and Western protection coverage, it argues that prevalent symptoms are in line with mainstream protection reviews and supply basically circumscribed analyses of threats to overseas defense.
From early modernity to this day, society has encountered quite a few types of interpersonal violence. via exploration of specific components inside of Europe and Russia to Africa, the USA and Asia, this assortment provides either adjustments and connections between a variety of different types of interpersonal violence in numerous instances, areas, institutional orders and relationships.
- Handbook of Operations Research for Homeland Security: 183 (International Series in Operations Research & Management Science)
- Sovereignty and Responsibility: Power, Norms and Intervention in International Relations
- Central Asia in a Reconnecting Eurasia: Uzbekistan's Evolving Foreign Economic and Security Interests (CSIS Reports)
- Russian Views on Countering Terrorism During Eight Years of Dialogue: Extracts from Proceedings of Four Workshops
- What Should Armies Do?: Armed Forces and Civil Security
- International Police Cooperation: Emerging Issues, Theory and Practice
Additional info for South Asia: The Spectre of Terrorism