By Brian L. Fife
Calling for elevated civic engagement, this ebook makes a compelling case for reforms that may democratize American elections and supply extra strength to the people.
Read or Download Reforming the Electoral Process in America: Toward More Democracy in the 21st Century PDF
Similar government books
Why have referendums on eu integration proliferated because the Seventies? How are referendums accommodated inside member states' constitutional orders and with what effect at the ecu integration method? what's the most probably institutional effect of referendums at the way forward for the eu integration procedure?
The Fence and the Bridge is set the improvement of the Canada–US border-security dating as an outgrowth of the a lot lengthier Canada–US dating. It means that this dating has been either hugely reflexive and hegemonic over the years, and that such realities are embodied within the metaphorical photographs and texts that describe the Canada–US border over its background.
The EU's 'social size' this present day is a fabricated from the ideology of the Nineties. Its employment box is directed to extend the employability of staff and the adaptability of work industry regimes. The publication argues that this social-liberal method is better defined with a suite of rules strategically complex via 'thought groups' within the coverage approach.
The normal knowledge of financial vote casting conception argues nation's monetary functionality drives electoral results. consequently, citizens will carry an management chargeable for its fiscal stewardship. Austin Hart demanding situations the simplicity of this proposal, drawing on cognitive-psychological examine on priming to illustrate that the depth of citizens' publicity to monetary crusade messages systematically stipulations the power of the industrial vote.
- City-County Consolidation and Its Alternatives: Reshaping the Local Government Landscape: Reshaping the Local Government Landscape
- Cross-Taiwan Strait Relations in an Era of Technological Change: Security, Economic and Cultural Dimensions (St Antony's Series)
- Latino National Political Coalitions: Struggles and Challenges (Latino Communities: Emerging Voices - Political, Social, Cultural and Legal Issues)
- Economic Voting: A Campaign-Centered Theory
- The Debt Crisis and European Democratic Legitimacy (Palgrave Pivot)
Additional info for Reforming the Electoral Process in America: Toward More Democracy in the 21st Century