By Joseph J Feher
- A quantitative method that comes with actual and chemical principles
- An built-in strategy from first ideas, integrating anatomy, molecular biology, biochemistry and body structure. representation application reinforces the built-in nature of physiological systems
- Pedagogically wealthy, together with bankruptcy ambitions, bankruptcy summaries, huge variety of illustrations, and brief chapters appropriate for unmarried lectures
- Clinical purposes correct to the biomedical engineering pupil (TENS, cochlear implants, blood substitutes, etc.)
- Problem units supply chance for perform and review through the course.
Read Online or Download Quantitative Human Physiology: An Introduction (Academic Press Series in Biomedical Engineering) PDF
Similar biotechnology books
Knowing how angiogenesis "works" and the way to regulate it's going to have immense implications at the administration, remedies, and finally the prevention of many universal (and now not so universal) ailments. Angiogenesis is the expansion of latest blood vessels and is a crucial ordinary strategy within the physique. A fit physique keeps an ideal stability of angiogenesis modulators.
This booklet addresses the necessity for a complete e-book at the layout, synthesis, and characterization of artificial carbohydrate-based polymeric fabrics in addition to their organic functions. the 1st chapters hide the synthesis and self-assembly of glycopolymers and diversified thoughts for growing those artificial polymers.
This ebook offers for the 1st time, the scattered novel effects which were completed in very fresh years in research on a number of skinny calcium phosphate coatings produced via very assorted suggestions. The comparability of skinny calcium phosphate coatings with the thick plasma-sprayed ones is usually incorporated within the e-book.
A finished and mechanistic viewpoint on fruit ripening, emphasizing commonalities and alterations among fruit teams and ripening procedures. end result are a necessary a part of the human nutrition and include vital phytochemicals that offer defense opposed to middle affliction and cancers. Fruit ripening is of importance for human healthiness and for industry-based suggestions to harness typical edition, or genetic amendment, for crop development.
- Wild Crop Relatives: Genomic and Breeding Resources: Tropical and Subtropical Fruits
- Soil Remediation and Plants: Prospects and Challenges
- Encapsulation Technologies for Active Food Ingredients and Food Processing
- Advances in Biotechnology
Additional info for Quantitative Human Physiology: An Introduction (Academic Press Series in Biomedical Engineering)