By Gunnar Blom,Lars Holst,Dennis Sandell
Read Online or Download Problems and Snapshots from the World of Probability PDF
Best probability & statistics books
This available booklet goals to gather in one quantity the necessities of stochastic networks. Stochastic networks became generic as a simple version of many actual structures in a various variety of fields. Written by way of best authors within the box, this e-book is intended for use as a reference or supplementary analyzing by way of practitioners in operations study, desktops, communications networks, construction making plans, and logistics.
For the 1st variations of the e-book likelihood (GTM 95), every one bankruptcy integrated a accomplished and various set of proper workouts. whereas the paintings at the 3rd version was once nonetheless in development, it was once made up our minds that it'd be extra applicable to put up a separate booklet that might contain all the workouts from earlier editions, in addition to many new routines.
Myoung-jae Lee studies the 3 most well-liked tools (and their extensions) in utilized economics and different social sciences: matching, regression discontinuity, and distinction in variations. This e-book introduces the underlying econometric and statistical principles, indicates what's pointed out and the way the pointed out parameters are predicted, and illustrates how they're utilized with genuine empirical examples.
This ebook presents a basic advent to the R Commander graphical person interface (GUI) to R for readers who're surprising with R. it really is compatible to be used as a supplementary textual content in a easy or intermediate-level facts direction. it isn't meant to exchange a simple or different records textual content yet really to counterpoint it, even though it does advertise sound statistical perform within the examples.
- Continuous-Time Markov Decision Processes: Theory and Applications: 62 (Stochastic Modelling and Applied Probability)
- Statistical Techniques for Neuroscientists (Frontiers in Neuroscience)
- Markov Decision Processes with Applications to Finance (Universitext)
- Probability: An Introduction with Statistical Applications
- Multiple Wiener-Itô Integrals: With Applications to Limit Theorems (Lecture Notes in Mathematics)
- Monte Carlo Simulation with Applications to Finance (Chapman and Hall/CRC Financial Mathematics Series)
Additional resources for Problems and Snapshots from the World of Probability