By Dale Lehman,Huybert Groenendaal,Greg Nolder
Risk analytics is constructing speedily, and analysts within the box desire fabric that's theoretically sound in addition to functional and simple. A one-stop source for quantitative possibility research, Practical Spreadsheet chance Modeling for Management dispenses with using complicated arithmetic, targeting how robust thoughts and strategies can be utilized competently inside a spreadsheet-based surroundings.
- Covers vital subject matters for contemporary danger research, similar to frequency-severity modeling and modeling of specialist opinion
- Keeps arithmetic to a minimal whereas overlaying relatively complex subject matters by utilizing robust software program tools
- Contains an strangely assorted choice of issues, together with particular remedy of frequency-severity modeling, copulas, parameter and version uncertainty, volatility modeling in time sequence, Markov chains, Bayesian modeling, stochastic dominance, and prolonged therapy of modeling professional opinion
- End-of-chapter routines span 8 software parts illustrating the vast program of chance research instruments with using info from real-world examples and case studies
This e-book is written for an individual drawn to accomplishing utilized chance research in enterprise, engineering, environmental making plans, public coverage, drugs, or nearly any box amenable to spreadsheet modeling. The authors supply functional case stories in addition to certain guide and representation of the positive aspects of ModelRisk®, the main complex chance modeling spreadsheet software program presently available. If you want to use spreadsheets for decision-supporting research, instead of in basic terms as placeholders for numbers, then this is often the source for you.
Read or Download Practical Spreadsheet Risk Modeling for Management PDF
Similar probability & statistics books
This obtainable publication goals to assemble in one quantity the necessities of stochastic networks. Stochastic networks became regularly occurring as a simple version of many actual structures in a various diversity of fields. Written by way of prime authors within the box, this booklet is intended for use as a reference or supplementary interpreting by means of practitioners in operations examine, desktops, communications networks, construction making plans, and logistics.
For the 1st variations of the publication chance (GTM 95), each one bankruptcy integrated a finished and numerous set of appropriate workouts. whereas the paintings at the 3rd variation was once nonetheless in growth, it was once determined that it might be extra acceptable to post a separate e-book that might contain the entire workouts from prior editions, in addition to many new routines.
Myoung-jae Lee reports the 3 most well-liked tools (and their extensions) in utilized economics and different social sciences: matching, regression discontinuity, and distinction in ameliorations. This publication introduces the underlying econometric and statistical rules, exhibits what's pointed out and the way the pointed out parameters are envisioned, and illustrates how they're utilized with genuine empirical examples.
This booklet presents a basic creation to the R Commander graphical consumer interface (GUI) to R for readers who're unexpected with R. it truly is compatible to be used as a supplementary textual content in a simple or intermediate-level facts direction. it isn't meant to interchange a uncomplicated or different information textual content yet relatively to counterpoint it, even though it does advertise sound statistical perform within the examples.
- Option Prices as Probabilities: A New Look at Generalized Black-Scholes Formulae (Springer Finance)
- Handbook of Statistical Analyses Using Stata, Fourth Edition
- Combinatorics and Graph Theory (Springer Undergraduate Texts in Mathematics and Technology)
- How to Count: An Introduction to Combinatorics and Its Applications
- Subjective Probability Models for Lifetimes (Chapman & Hall/CRC Monographs on Statistics & Applied Probability)
- Person-Centered Methods: Configural Frequency Analysis (CFA) and Other Methods for the Analysis of Contingency Tables (SpringerBriefs in Statistics)
Additional info for Practical Spreadsheet Risk Modeling for Management