By Nils A. Butenschøn,Øyvind Stiansen,Kåre Vollan
Read or Download Power-Sharing in Conflict-Ridden Societies: Challenges for Building Peace and Democratic Stability PDF
Similar war & peace books
Whereas the Islamic Republic has hired a number of techniques to mitigate the worst excesses of inter-ethnic pressure whereas nonetheless securing a Shi'a ruled "Persian hegemony," the systematic forget of ethnic teams by way of either the Islamic Republic and its predecessor regime has ended in the politicization of ethnic identification in Iran.
For a very long time Russia’s place as a key international power participant has improved Moscow’s foreign financial and political impression while inflicting difficulty among different states scared of turning into too depending on Russia as an power provider. the worldwide monetary predicament shook this confirmed photo of Russia as an fundamental strength superpower, resistant to damaging exterior affects and printed the complete quantity of Russia’s dependence on oil and fuel for fiscal and political impression.
More and more humanitarian NGOs function within the context of armed conflicts the place the protection dangers are better than in contexts of usual catastrophe. operating in Afghanistan, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Pakistan and Sri Lanka is very harmful for humanitarians. This existential hazard impacts the actual lifestyles of relief employees and the implementation of humanitarian courses, and the middle ideals of humanitarians and the underlying rules of humanitarian motion.
‘Track international relations and Jerusalem’ is the 1st in a chain of 3 books which jointly current the paintings of the Jerusalem previous urban Initiative, or JOCI, an important Canadian-led song diplomatic attempt, undertaken among 2003 and 2014. JOCI’s raison d’être used to be to discover sustainable governance suggestions for the outdated urban of Jerusalem, arguably the main delicate and intractable of the ultimate prestige matters dividing Palestinians and Israelis.
- Autocratic and Democratic External Influences in Post-Soviet Eurasia (Post-Soviet Politics)
- Pathways to Reconciliation: Between Theory and Practice
- Building Walls and Dissolving Borders: The Challenges of Alterity, Community and Securitizing Space
- Youth Encounter Programs in Israel: Pedagogy, Identity, and Social Change (Syracuse Studies on Peace and Conflict Resolution)
- EU and NATO Relations with Russia: After the Collapse of the Soviet Union
- International Trials and Reconciliation: Assessing the Impact of the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia (Transitional Justice)
Additional resources for Power-Sharing in Conflict-Ridden Societies: Challenges for Building Peace and Democratic Stability