By Nick Lewer
Read or Download Physicians and the Peace Movement PDF
Best war & peace books
Whereas the Islamic Republic has hired quite a few ideas to mitigate the worst excesses of inter-ethnic rigidity whereas nonetheless securing a Shi'a ruled "Persian hegemony," the systematic forget of ethnic teams through either the Islamic Republic and its predecessor regime has ended in the politicization of ethnic id in Iran.
For a very long time Russia’s place as a key worldwide strength participant has more advantageous Moscow’s overseas fiscal and political impact while inflicting crisis among different states frightened of turning into too depending on Russia as an power provider. the worldwide monetary challenge shook this verified snapshot of Russia as an vital power superpower, resistant to adverse exterior affects and published the complete volume of Russia’s dependence on oil and gasoline for financial and political impact.
More and more humanitarian NGOs function within the context of armed conflicts the place the protection dangers are greater than in contexts of normal catastrophe. operating in Afghanistan, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Pakistan and Sri Lanka is especially harmful for humanitarians. This existential hazard impacts the actual life of relief employees and the implementation of humanitarian courses, and the center ideals of humanitarians and the underlying ideas of humanitarian motion.
‘Track international relations and Jerusalem’ is the 1st in a chain of 3 books which jointly current the paintings of the Jerusalem previous urban Initiative, or JOCI, a tremendous Canadian-led song diplomatic attempt, undertaken among 2003 and 2014. JOCI’s raison d’être used to be to discover sustainable governance options for the previous urban of Jerusalem, arguably the main delicate and intractable of the ultimate prestige concerns dividing Palestinians and Israelis.
- Masquerades of War (War, Politics and Experience)
- Global Justice, Kant and the Responsibility to Protect: A Provisional Duty (Global Politics and the Responsibility to Protect)
- Border Politics: Defining Spaces of Governance and Forms of Transgressions
- Ex-Combatants and the Post-Conflict State: Challenges of Reintegration (Rethinking Political Violence)
- American State-Building in Afghanistan and Its Regional Consequences: Achieving Democratic Stability and Balancing China's Influence
Extra info for Physicians and the Peace Movement