By Shanthie Mariet D'Souza,Rajshree Jetly
This publication is a set of speeches and lectures brought via political luminaries, practitioners and famous students on South Asian safeguard on the Institute of South Asian stories, nationwide collage of Singapore.
It bargains fascinating insights at the rising safeguard dynamics of South Asia. the problems lined are hugely topical and comprise analyses of the clash in Afghanistan, counter-terrorism in Pakistan, clash administration in Kashmir, post-conflict restructuring in Nepal and militarization in Asia. many of the chapters supply in-depth analyses of the nearby strength politics and competing international coverage priorities, with specific emphasis on India, the foremost neighborhood energy. India's international coverage and protection kin with Southeast Asia, China and Russia are lined intimately in person chapters.
The booklet brings jointly insights from specialists who've served on the optimum degrees of presidency in addition to students and specialists with firsthand event within the box. It highlights a number of the major safety matters that experience a necessary pertaining to the way forward for South Asia and should be of curiosity to coverage makers, scholars and observers of the South Asian protection scene.
- Introduction (Rajshree Jetly & Shanthie Mariet D'Souza)
- Is Asia changing into a Militarized quarter? — Implications for nearby protection (Shyam Saran)
- The India, Tibet and China Triangle (Mohan Guruswamy)
- India and China: rising Dynamics and local defense views (Rajshree Jetly)
- India's “Look East” coverage: The Strategic measurement (S D Muni)
- Emerging Dimensions in Indo–Russia Defence Engagement (P L Dash)
- Post-Conflict Restructuring of Nepal: The problem and customers (Baburam Bhattarai)
- Afghan clash: External-Internal Dimensions (Dr Abdullah)
- Karzai's Balancing Act: Bringing “China” In? (Shanthie Mariet D'Souza)
- Counter-Terrorism demanding situations in Pakistan (Samina Ahmed)
- The problem of Counter-Terrorism in Pakistan (Moonis Ahmar)
- U.S. Mediation within the Kashmir clash: Mediation vs. clash administration (Gayathri Lakshminarayan)
Readership: execs, scholars & researchers and normal public drawn to South Asia and its financial, safety and social issues.
Read or Download Perspectives on South Asian Security PDF
Similar freedom & security books
First and foremost of the twenty-first century, hundreds of thousands of grownup Europeans on a regular basis gown up as Scots. They march in kilted pipe and drum bands, toss tree trunks at Highland video games energy competitions, crusade for monuments to commemorate long-gone Scottish infantrymen, even bodily re-enact the Scottish prior, in armour and belted plaid.
The thawing Antarctic continent deals dwelling area and marine and mineral assets that have been formerly inaccessible. This e-book discusses how revisiting the Antarctic Treaty approach and dividing up the continent preemptively might spare the area severe clash. • Argues that the Antarctic Treaty, which was once opened for signature in 1959, has to be reconsidered considering strain keeps to construct for the profession of the continent and the exploitation of its residing and non-living assets • means that overseas clash over Antarctica is probably going within the coming a long time, really as the ban on mineral assets is up for revision in 2048• Argues that policymakers have to draw classes from the commercial festival the area is now witnessing within the thawing Arctic Ocean
Defense in Africa: A serious method of Western signs of chance questions the dominant Western narrative of protection threats in Africa. in line with an research conventional safeguard stories and Western safeguard coverage, it argues that regular signs are according to mainstream safeguard experiences and supply purely circumscribed analyses of threats to foreign safety.
From early modernity to this present day, society has encountered quite a few sorts of interpersonal violence. via exploration of specific parts inside of Europe and Russia to Africa, the US and Asia, this assortment provides either ameliorations and connections between a variety of kinds of interpersonal violence in several occasions, areas, institutional orders and relationships.
- Diplomacy for the 21st Century: Embedding a Culture of Science and Technology Throughout the Department of State
- Arming the Two Koreas: State, Capital and Military Power (Politics in Asia)
- Turkey and the West: Faultlines in a Troubled Alliance (Geopolitics in the 21st Century)
- Japan's Relations with North Korea and the Recalibration of Risk (Sheffield Centre for Japanese Studies/Routledge Series)
Extra info for Perspectives on South Asian Security