By Susan Allen Nan,Zachariah Cherian Mampilly,Andrea Bartoli
In an international the place clash isn't finishing, this considerate compilation fosters a brand new appreciation of the paintings of peacemaking because it is known and practiced in various modern settings.
• Contributions from a global, interdisciplinary staff of forty eight specialists who collect insights from peace and clash answer reports, anthropology, sociology, legislation, cultural reviews, and political science
• First-person narratives detailing the studies of widespread peacemakers
• deals entry to an ongoing, Internet-based, practice-to-theory undertaking
• an intensive bibliography of assets approximately peacemaking and comparable fields
Read Online or Download Peacemaking: From Practice to Theory (Praeger Security International) PDF
Similar war & peace books
Whereas the Islamic Republic has hired numerous suggestions to mitigate the worst excesses of inter-ethnic rigidity whereas nonetheless securing a Shi'a ruled "Persian hegemony," the systematic overlook of ethnic teams by means of either the Islamic Republic and its predecessor regime has led to the politicization of ethnic id in Iran.
For a very long time Russia’s place as a key international strength participant has improved Moscow’s foreign fiscal and political effect while inflicting situation among different states scared of changing into too depending on Russia as an power provider. the worldwide monetary predicament shook this demonstrated photo of Russia as an necessary strength superpower, proof against unfavourable exterior impacts and printed the whole quantity of Russia’s dependence on oil and fuel for fiscal and political effect.
More and more humanitarian NGOs function within the context of armed conflicts the place the protection dangers are better than in contexts of typical catastrophe. operating in Afghanistan, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Pakistan and Sri Lanka is very harmful for humanitarians. This existential risk impacts the actual lifestyles of reduction employees and the implementation of humanitarian courses, and the middle ideals of humanitarians and the underlying rules of humanitarian motion.
‘Track international relations and Jerusalem’ is the 1st in a sequence of 3 books which jointly current the paintings of the Jerusalem previous urban Initiative, or JOCI, an immense Canadian-led song diplomatic attempt, undertaken among 2003 and 2014. JOCI’s raison d’être was once to discover sustainable governance suggestions for the outdated urban of Jerusalem, arguably the main delicate and intractable of the ultimate prestige concerns dividing Palestinians and Israelis.
- Prosecuting War Crimes: Lessons and legacies of the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (Contemporary Security Studies)
- African Frontiers: Insurgency, Governance and Peacebuilding in Postcolonial States (The Ashgate Plus Series in International Relations and Politics)
- Legitimacy and the Use of Armed Force: Stability Missions in the Post-Cold War Era (Contemporary Security Studies)
- Nasser's Peace: Egypt’s Response to the 1967 War with Israel
- International Intervention, Identity and Conflict Transformation: Bridges and Walls Between Groups (Routledge Studies in Peace and Conflict Resolution)
Extra info for Peacemaking: From Practice to Theory (Praeger Security International)