By Sorpong Peou
Demonstrating that not one of the numerous views lower than overview has emerged because the transparent winner within the fight for theoretical hegemony in defense reports, this ebook indicates that eclectic views, like democratic realist institutionalism, can higher clarify peace and safeguard within the Asian Pacific.
• an intensive bibliography covers quite a few theoretical views within the box of overseas relations/security reviews and fabrics at the Asian Pacific
• invaluable indexes contain particular nations, defense matters, and theoretical perspectives
Read Online or Download Peace and Security in the Asia-Pacific: Theory and Practice (Praeger Security International) PDF
Similar war & peace books
Whereas the Islamic Republic has hired a variety of techniques to mitigate the worst excesses of inter-ethnic rigidity whereas nonetheless securing a Shi'a ruled "Persian hegemony," the systematic overlook of ethnic teams by means of either the Islamic Republic and its predecessor regime has led to the politicization of ethnic identification in Iran.
For a very long time Russia’s place as a key international power participant has more suitable Moscow’s foreign fiscal and political effect while inflicting trouble among different states petrified of turning into too depending on Russia as an power provider. the worldwide monetary obstacle shook this verified picture of Russia as an critical power superpower, resistant to damaging exterior affects and printed the total quantity of Russia’s dependence on oil and gasoline for fiscal and political impact.
More and more humanitarian NGOs function within the context of armed conflicts the place the safety hazards are greater than in contexts of ordinary catastrophe. operating in Afghanistan, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Pakistan and Sri Lanka is especially harmful for humanitarians. This existential risk impacts the actual lifestyles of reduction staff and the implementation of humanitarian courses, and the middle ideals of humanitarians and the underlying rules of humanitarian motion.
‘Track international relations and Jerusalem’ is the 1st in a chain of 3 books which jointly current the paintings of the Jerusalem previous urban Initiative, or JOCI, a massive Canadian-led song diplomatic attempt, undertaken among 2003 and 2014. JOCI’s raison d’être was once to discover sustainable governance ideas for the outdated urban of Jerusalem, arguably the main delicate and intractable of the ultimate prestige concerns dividing Palestinians and Israelis.
- International Negotiation in the Twenty-First Century (UT Austin Studies in Foreign and Transnational Law)
- Security and Hybridity after Armed Conflict: The Dynamics of Security Provision in Post-Civil War States (Routledge Studies in Intervention and Statebuilding)
- Trauma-sensitivity and Peacebuilding: Considering the Case of South Sudanese Refugees in Kakuma Refugee Camp (The Anthropocene: Politik—Economics—Society—Science)
- US-China Rivalry and Taiwan's Mainland Policy: Security, Nationalism, and the 1992 Consensus
Additional resources for Peace and Security in the Asia-Pacific: Theory and Practice (Praeger Security International)