By Donald Forrester,Judith Harwin
- Offers a definition of “misuse” and “addiction” and the criteria that impact the character of misuse or addiction
- Reviews widely the character and impression of parental substance misuse on kids and households utilizing the newest evidence
- Explores how learn and theories can assist tell execs or non-professionals assessing households plagued by mom and dad who misuse medications or alcohol
- Provides an in-depth dialogue of Motivational Interviewing, together with a serious dialogue of the demanding situations and barriers curious about utilizing it in baby and kinfolk settings
- Considers the broader implications of the findings for perform and coverage and argues that those responses can be utilized around the box of labor with weak little ones and their families
Read Online or Download Parents Who Misuse Drugs and Alcohol: Effective Interventions in Social Work and Child Protection (Wiley Child Protection & Policy Series) PDF
Similar poverty books
Presents a balanced and finished review of social welfare coverage within the usa. this article is a part of the Connecting center abilities sequence. American Social Welfare coverage: A Pluralist method, short version examines social welfare coverage within the usa, and contains state of the art matters akin to details at the 2008 presidential election, the economic climate, the housing bust, the passage of Proposition eight in California, and lots more and plenty extra.
This publication deals the 1st complete exam of the criminal position of public guardianship in 25 years, evaluating present stipulations to these whilst the final research was once released in 1981. • comprises case reports on public guardianship courses in ten diverse states• deals bibliographic listings of works stated within the textual content• offers tables and charts displaying very important facts
The NHS got here into life in an environment of clash targeted at the robust ideological dedication of the Post-war Labour executive and the competition of the Conservative social gathering of that point to the assumption of a universally to be had and centrally deliberate therapy provider. there has been additionally competition from a few sections of the clinical institution who feared the lack of specialist autonomy.
Regardless of the major value of responsibility for the legitimacy of humanitarian motion, insufficient educational awareness has been given to how the concept that of responsibility is evolving in the particular branches of the humanitarian company. prior to now, there exists no entire account of what we label the 'technologies of accountability', the consequences in their interplay, or the query of the way the present flip to decision-making software program and biometrics as either the skill and ends of responsibility may possibly give a contribution to reshaping humanitarian governance.
- Derivatives and Development: A Political Economy of Global Finance, Farming, and Poverty
- Governance, Development, and Social Work (Routledge Studies in Development and Society)
- Applying Theory to Generalist Social Work Practice
- Medicine, Charity and Mutual Aid: The Consumption of Health and Welfare in Britain, c.1550–1950 (Historical Urban Studies Series)
- Social Welfare for a Global Era: International Perspectives on Policy and Practice
Extra resources for Parents Who Misuse Drugs and Alcohol: Effective Interventions in Social Work and Child Protection (Wiley Child Protection & Policy Series)