By Ole Henry Halvorsen,Douglas Clarke
OS X and iOS Kernel Programming combines crucial working process and kernel structure wisdom with a hugely useful procedure to help you write powerful kernel-level code. Youll research basic suggestions comparable to reminiscence administration and thread synchronization, in addition to the I/O package framework. Youll additionally find out how to write your individual kernel-level extensions, akin to gadget drivers for USB and Thunderbolt units, together with networking, garage and audio drivers.
OS X and iOS Kernel Programming presents an incisive and whole creation to the XNU kernel, which runs iPhones, iPads, iPods, and Mac OS X servers and consumers. Then, youll extend your horizons to check Mac OS X and iOS procedure structure. realizing Apples working structures will let you write effective machine drivers, equivalent to these coated within the publication, utilizing I/O Kit.
With OS X and iOS Kernel Programming, youll:
- Discover classical kernel structure issues comparable to reminiscence administration and thread synchronization
- Become well-versed within the intricacies of the kernel improvement approach by means of utilising kernel debugging and profiling instruments
- Learn find out how to installation your kernel-level tasks and the way to effectively package deal them
- Write code that interacts with units
- Examine effortless to appreciate instance code which can even be utilized in your individual tasks
- Create community filters
Whether youre a hobbyist, pupil, or expert engineer, flip to OS X andiOS Kernel Programming and locate the data you want to commence developing
What youll learn
- OS X and iOS universal middle structure
- How to jot down tremendous effective code by way of exploiting kernel info
- Coding kernel-level extensions
- How to put in writing gadget drivers
- How to application the I/O package framework
- Key cellular machine subject matters like strength administration drivers and video trap modules
- To comprehend OS X reminiscence administration and threads
- To parse kernel debug messages and package deal tasks prepared for deployment
Who this e-book is for
This ebook is perfect for:
- Intermediate and complex iPhone and OS X programmers prepared for the next move
- Kernel-level programmers drawn to how OS X and iOS functionality
- Open resource programmers with a heritage in Linux or BSD, OS X and iOS
- Programmers attracted to program functionality
- System directors working OS X clusters
Read Online or Download OS X and iOS Kernel Programming PDF
Best systems architecture books
This is often either a realistic and theoretical advisor detailing tips on how to set up a winning ProVision® procedure, utilizing a few genuine enterprise situations alongside the way in which. not like different structure books, the process is holistic - it appears to be like on the complete lifecycle of establishing a enterprise case, via to utilizing the product.
This booklet describes how engineers could make optimal use of the 2 average analysis/design instruments, SystemC and SystemC-AMS. The authors use a system-level layout process, emphasizing how SystemC and SystemC-AMS positive factors could be exploited such a lot successfully to analyze/understand a given digital approach and discover the layout area.
This publication is vital studying for these wishing to acquire a platforms viewpoint and a large view at the history, functionality and alertness of the newest advancements in HSPA within the context of the calls for on today’s cellular broadband units and networks. It takes the reader behind the curtain of 3GPP and gives an simply obtainable knowing of the elemental ideas, the most recent steps within the standard’s evolution, and the motivations at the back of the advance of standardized positive factors.
This booklet introduces a brand new point of abstraction that closes the distance among the textual specification of embedded platforms and the executable version on the digital method point (ESL). Readers should be enabled to function at this new, Formal Specification point (FSL), utilizing versions which not just let major verification projects during this early level of the layout move, but additionally will be extracted semi-automatically from the textual specification in an interactive demeanour.
- VMware vSphere 6.X Datacenter Design Cookbook - Second Edition
- Building Microservices with .NET Core
- Continuous Architecture: Sustainable Architecture in an Agile and Cloud-Centric World
- Lifelong Learning for Engineers and Scientists in the Information Age (Elsvier Insights)
- Design for Manufacturability with Advanced Lithography
Extra info for OS X and iOS Kernel Programming