By Janice Bially Mattern
Read Online or Download Ordering International Politics: Identity, Crisis and Representational Force PDF
Best freedom & security books
Before everything of the twenty-first century, millions of grownup Europeans frequently costume up as Scots. They march in kilted pipe and drum bands, toss tree trunks at Highland video games energy competitions, crusade for monuments to commemorate long-gone Scottish squaddies, even bodily re-enact the Scottish previous, in armour and belted plaid.
The thawing Antarctic continent deals dwelling house and marine and mineral assets that have been formerly inaccessible. This ebook discusses how revisiting the Antarctic Treaty process and dividing up the continent preemptively may spare the realm critical clash. • Argues that the Antarctic Treaty, which was once opened for signature in 1959, should be reconsidered seeing that strain keeps to construct for the profession of the continent and the exploitation of its residing and non-living assets • means that overseas clash over Antarctica is probably going within the coming a long time, rather as the ban on mineral assets is up for revision in 2048• Argues that policymakers have to draw classes from the industrial festival the realm is now witnessing within the thawing Arctic Ocean
Protection in Africa: A serious method of Western symptoms of probability questions the dominant Western narrative of safety threats in Africa. in keeping with an research conventional protection stories and Western safety coverage, it argues that favourite signs are according to mainstream safeguard reports and supply simply circumscribed analyses of threats to foreign protection.
From early modernity to this day, society has encountered a variety of types of interpersonal violence. via exploration of specific components inside of Europe and Russia to Africa, the US and Asia, this assortment provides either modifications and connections between numerous sorts of interpersonal violence in numerous occasions, areas, institutional orders and relationships.
- Searching for Truth in the Transitional Justice Movement
- The Final Act: The Helsinki Accords and the Transformation of the Cold War (America in the World)
- Indigenous Nations and Modern States: The Political Emergence of Nations Challenging State Power (Indigenous Peoples and Politics)
- The RAND Corporation (1989-2009): The Reconfiguration of Strategic Studies in the United States (The Sciences Po Series in International Relations and Political Economy)
- Central Asia in a Reconnecting Eurasia: Uzbekistan's Evolving Foreign Economic and Security Interests (CSIS Reports)
- The Evolving Military Balance in the Korean Peninsula and Northeast Asia: Missile, DPRK and ROK Nuclear Forces, and External Nuclear Forces: 3 (CSIS Reports)
Additional resources for Ordering International Politics: Identity, Crisis and Representational Force