By David Andrewes
The moment version of this accomplished textbook for college students of Neuropsychology offers a radical assessment of the advanced dating among mind and behavior. With an exceptional combination of medical, experimental and theoretical insurance, it attracts at the most up-to-date study findings from neuroscience, cognitive neuroscience, neurochemistry, medical neuropsychology and neuropsychology to supply scholars with new insights during this fast-paced box.
The booklet is organised round the major neuropsychological problems within the components of notion, govt disorder, consciousness, reminiscence, cerebral asymmetry, language, emotion and realization. there's a transparent emphasis on bridging the distance among thought and perform with hyperlinks all through to medical problems with either review and rehabilitation to construct a transparent knowing of the applying of the theoretical concerns. the ultimate part in every one bankruptcy illustrates the significance of a extra systematic method of intervention, which takes under consideration theoretical perspectives of restoration from mind damage.
New to this edition:
- A new bankruptcy layout that features a "basic subject" part, which includes up to date crucial wisdom of the subject and a "further subject matters" part for a extra complex remedy of the area.
- A new part on neuroscientific methods to rehabilitation in each one bankruptcy to make hyperlinks among medical wisdom and medical treatment.
- A fresh bankruptcy on attention
- A new complete color structure with elevated pedagogical gains, together with key phrases, part summaries, ‘study questions’ and greater presentation of figures and mind diagrams
- A spouse site together with similar weblinks, information on answering the ‘study questions’, and flashcards.
This e-book should be worthwhile for undergraduate scholars in Neuropsychology and scholars who desire to take the topic additional to many of the medical fields.
Read Online or Download Neuropsychology: From Theory to Practice PDF
Best neuropsychology books
The fourth variation of basic Neuroscience reinvents itself as an engrossing and finished presentation of the self-discipline of neuroscience, from molecules to cognition. Thorough yet succinct, and lavishly illustrated, the e-book builds from an introductory part that incorporates basic neuroanatomy and is going directly to disguise mobile and molecular neuroscience, improvement, sensory platforms, motor structures, regulatory platforms, and behavioral and cognitive neuroscience.
Not like the author's earlier ebook, therapeutic the incredible: Treating Ritual Abuse and brain keep an eye on, which used to be for therapists, this publication is designed for survivors of those abuses. It takes the survivor systematically via figuring out the abuses and the way his or her signs should be outcomes of those abuses, and offers sensible suggestion concerning how a survivor can in achieving balance and deal with the lifestyles concerns with which she or he can have trouble.
Chorea: factors and administration presents a accomplished and well timed replace for the wide range of neurological stipulations, either inherited and bought, which bring about this universal hyperkinetic circulate sickness. This e-book describes intimately the most recent scientific and etiological information about chorea.
Neuropsychiatric issues and Epigenetics is a complete reference for the epigenetic foundation of most typical neuropsychiatric issues. the quantity is equipped into chapters representing person neuropsychiatric problems, from addition to weight problems contributed by way of prime specialists of their respective fields.
- Neuroscience-based Cognitive Therapy: New Methods for Assessment, Treatment and Self-Regulation
- The Physiology of The Eye
- Motor Control: Theories, Experiments, and Applications
- Neuropsychology of Childhood Epilepsy (Advances in Behavioral Biology)
- Social Anxiety Disorder (Medical Psychiatry Series)
- Human Language and Our Reptilian Brain: The Subcortical Bases of Speech, Syntax, and Thought (Perspectives in Cognitive Neuroscience): The Subcortical Bases of Speech, Syntax and Thought
Extra info for Neuropsychology: From Theory to Practice