By Wanda Webb,Richard K. Adler
The concise, easy-to-understand Neurology for the Speech-Language Pathologist, sixth version provides scholars and clinicians with a realistic advisor for the examine and realizing of neurology in speech-language pathology (SLP). Correlated with scientific syndromes and ailments obvious in SLP, it provides a superior figuring out of the worried approach, together with: improvement of the worried procedure, association of the mind, protecting mechanisms, descending motor and ascending sensory pathways, and cranial nerves. New content material, case reviews, and a powerful medical concentration make this new version crucial as you progress into practice.
- Case stories and medical applications in clinically orientated chapters offer you practical medical functions.
- Presents complicated info clearly in a concise, easy-to-understand demeanour.
- Clinical emphasis throughout makes this article worthy as you progress into medical perform — and get ready for the Praxis examination.
- Evolve spouse website has vocabulary flashcards and learn questions with solutions so scholars can investigate their wisdom.
- Key phrases in every one bankruptcy and an end-of-text glossary provide you with quick access to actual, concise definitions.
- NEW! Separate part on pediatric speech and language disorders , together with a bankruptcy at the constructing brain.
- EXPANDED! up-to-date sections on neurodiagnostic and neuroimaging techniques, in addition to formative years apraxia of speech, fluency issues, Autism, and TBI.
- NEW! up-to-date dialogue of the anatomy and serve as of the cerebellum can provide the most up-tp-date info.
- UPDATED! Covers the most recent neuroimaging research on anatomy, body structure, and problems of speech-language.
- EXPANDED! Discusses the mind connectivity and the neural community underlying studying and language.
- EXPANDED! Addresses motor keep watch over for speech production so that you remain within the comprehend.
Read or Download Neurology for the Speech-Language Pathologist - E-Book PDF
Best neuropsychology books
The fourth version of basic Neuroscience reinvents itself as an engrossing and accomplished presentation of the self-discipline of neuroscience, from molecules to cognition. Thorough yet succinct, and lavishly illustrated, the ebook builds from an introductory part that incorporates basic neuroanatomy and is going directly to disguise mobile and molecular neuroscience, improvement, sensory structures, motor structures, regulatory structures, and behavioral and cognitive neuroscience.
Not like the author's past publication, therapeutic the incredible: Treating Ritual Abuse and brain keep watch over, which was once for therapists, this booklet is designed for survivors of those abuses. It takes the survivor systematically via knowing the abuses and the way his or her signs might be results of those abuses, and provides sensible suggestion concerning how a survivor can in attaining balance and deal with the lifestyles concerns with which she or he could have trouble.
Chorea: reasons and administration presents a finished and well timed replace for the big variety of neurological stipulations, either inherited and purchased, which lead to this universal hyperkinetic circulate sickness. This publication describes intimately the newest medical and etiological information about chorea.
Neuropsychiatric issues and Epigenetics is a accomplished reference for the epigenetic foundation of commonest neuropsychiatric problems. the amount is prepared into chapters representing person neuropsychiatric problems, from addition to weight problems contributed through prime specialists of their respective fields.
- Long-Term Outcomes of Epilepsy Surgery in Adults and Children
- Entranced by Story: Brain, Tale and Teller, from Infancy to Old Age (Children's Literature and Culture)
- Prediction in Forensic and Neuropsychology: Sound Statistical Practices
- From Action to Cognition: 164 (Progress in Brain Research)
- Neuroeconomics of Prosocial Behavior: The Compassionate Egoist
- Empathy Imperiled: Capitalism, Culture, and the Brain: 10 (SpringerBriefs in Political Science)
Extra resources for Neurology for the Speech-Language Pathologist - E-Book