By Ulrich F. Lanius PhD
Encompassing the contributions of specialist clinicians and researchers within the region of stressful tension and dissociation, this quantity is the 1st to combine present neuroscience study concerning aggravating dissociation with numerous state-of-the-art techniques to therapy, offering a finished, neurobiologically dependent remedy procedure.
The textual content discusses present neuroscientific examine relating to nerve-racking tension and dissociation that comes with attachment, affective neuroscience, polyvagal thought, structural dissociation, and data processing conception, yielding a entire version that courses remedy and scientific interventions for tense dissociation. It then integrates this version with stage-oriented therapy and present healing interventions, together with EMDR, somatic and physique psychotherapy techniques, Ego kingdom remedy, and adjunctive pharmacological interventions. Readers are given hands-on sensible information concerning scientific choice making, allowing them to make sound offerings approximately interventions that would facilitate optimum therapy outcomes.
- Provides a broad-based therapy method of irritating tension syndromes and dissociation
- Offers available present learn within the uncomplicated neurosciences proper to our figuring out of attachment, tense tension, and dissociation
- Includes useful feedback for integrating EMDR, somatic, and physique psychotherapy ways with Ego kingdom remedy and adjunctive pharmacological interventions
- Integrates suggestions from the affective and cognitive neurosciences and the examine of attention
- Presents a accomplished neurobiological version that debts for the healing results of either somatic treatments and EMDR, in addition to adjunctive pharmacological interventions
Read Online or Download Neurobiology and Treatment of Traumatic Dissociation: Towards an Embodied Self PDF
Similar neuropsychology books
The fourth variation of basic Neuroscience reinvents itself as an engrossing and entire presentation of the self-discipline of neuroscience, from molecules to cognition. Thorough yet succinct, and lavishly illustrated, the e-book builds from an introductory part that comes with basic neuroanatomy and is going directly to conceal mobile and molecular neuroscience, improvement, sensory platforms, motor structures, regulatory structures, and behavioral and cognitive neuroscience.
Not like the author's prior ebook, therapeutic the unbelievable: Treating Ritual Abuse and brain keep an eye on, which was once for therapists, this ebook is designed for survivors of those abuses. It takes the survivor systematically via figuring out the abuses and the way his or her indicators can be effects of those abuses, and provides sensible recommendation relating to how a survivor can in achieving balance and deal with the existence concerns with which she or he could have trouble.
Chorea: motives and administration offers a complete and well timed replace for the wide range of neurological stipulations, either inherited and purchased, which lead to this universal hyperkinetic stream ailment. This publication describes intimately the most recent scientific and etiological information about chorea.
Neuropsychiatric issues and Epigenetics is a entire reference for the epigenetic foundation of commonest neuropsychiatric issues. the quantity is prepared into chapters representing person neuropsychiatric issues, from addition to weight problems contributed by way of top specialists of their respective fields.
- Epilepsy and Intensive Care Monitoring: Principles and Practice
- MATLAB for Behavioral Scientists, Second Edition
- VIP: Voice Impact Profile (Speechmark Speech & Language Assessment)
- Neuropsychological Rehabilitation: Principles and Applications (Elsevier Insights)
Extra info for Neurobiology and Treatment of Traumatic Dissociation: Towards an Embodied Self