By Mark A. Franklin,Patrick Crowley,Haldun Hadimioglu,Peter Z. Onufryk
The earlier few years have obvious major switch within the panorama of top-end community processing. in line with the ambitious demanding situations dealing with this rising box, the editors of this sequence got down to survey the most recent learn and practices within the layout, programming, and use of community processors.
Through chapters on undefined, software program, functionality and modeling, Network Processor layout illustrates the potential of new NP purposes, supporting to put a theoretical beginning for the structure, evaluate, and programming of networking processors.
Like quantity 2 of the sequence, quantity three additional shifts the point of interest from reaching larger degrees of packet processing functionality to addressing different serious elements corresponding to ease of programming, software advancements, strength, and function prediction. additionally, quantity three emphasizes forward-looking, modern learn within the parts of structure, instruments and strategies, and purposes comparable to high-speed intrusion detection and prevention process layout, and the implementation of latest interconnect standards.
- Investigates present functions of community processor know-how at Intel; Infineon applied sciences; and NetModule
- Presents present study in community processor layout in 3 detailed areas:
- Architecture at Washington collage, St. Louis; Oregon health and wellbeing and technological know-how collage; collage of Georgia; and North Carolina nation University.
- Tools and methods at college of Texas, Austin; Academy of Sciences, China; college of Paderborn, Germany; and collage of Massachusetts, Amherst.
- Applications at college of California, Berkeley; Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain; ETH Zurich, Switzerland; Georgia Institute of expertise; Vrije Universiteit, the Netherlands; and Universiteit Leiden, the Netherlands.
Read Online or Download Network Processor Design: Issues and Practices (The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Computer Architecture and Design) PDF
Best systems architecture books
This can be either a pragmatic and theoretical advisor detailing easy methods to install a winning ProVision® approach, utilizing a couple of actual enterprise circumstances alongside the best way. not like different structure books, the method is holistic - it seems on the entire lifecycle of creating a enterprise case, via to utilizing the product.
This booklet describes how engineers could make optimal use of the 2 typical analysis/design instruments, SystemC and SystemC-AMS. The authors use a system-level layout process, emphasizing how SystemC and SystemC-AMS beneficial properties may be exploited such a lot successfully to analyze/understand a given digital procedure and discover the layout house.
This publication is key interpreting for these wishing to procure a platforms viewpoint and a huge view at the historical past, functionality and alertness of the newest advancements in HSPA within the context of the calls for on today’s cellular broadband units and networks. It takes the reader behind the curtain of 3GPP and offers an simply obtainable figuring out of the elemental ideas, the newest steps within the standard’s evolution, and the motivations in the back of the advance of standardized positive factors.
This publication introduces a brand new point of abstraction that closes the space among the textual specification of embedded structures and the executable version on the digital procedure point (ESL). Readers might be enabled to function at this new, Formal Specification point (FSL), utilizing types which not just enable major verification projects during this early level of the layout circulate, but additionally should be extracted semi-automatically from the textual specification in an interactive demeanour.
- Out-of-order Parallel Discrete Event Simulation for Electronic System-level Design
- Network Routing: Algorithms, Protocols, and Architectures (The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Networking)
- Computer Technology and Computer Programming: Research and Strategies
- High Performance Computing on Vector Systems 2009
- Prototyping of Concurrent Control Systems Implemented in FPGA Devices (Advances in Industrial Control)
Extra info for Network Processor Design: Issues and Practices (The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Computer Architecture and Design)