By Janaki Balakrishnan,B V Sreekantan
Organisms endowed with existence exhibit a feeling of wisdom, interacting with and studying from the universe in and round them. every one point of interplay contains move of knowledge of assorted forms, and at diverse degrees. each one thread of data is interlinked with the opposite, and woven jointly, those represent the universe — either the interior self and the exterior global — as we understand it. they're, figuratively talking, Nature's longest threads. This quantity stories inter-disciplinary examine and perspectives on info and its move at diverse degrees of association by means of reputed scientists engaged on the frontier parts of technology. it's a frontier the place physics, arithmetic and biology merge seamlessly, binding jointly really good streams comparable to quantum mechanics, dynamical platforms concept, and arithmetic. the subjects could curiosity a huge cross-section of researchers in existence sciences, physics, cognition, neuroscience, arithmetic and machine technology, in addition to amateurs, familiarizing them with frontier study on realizing info move in dwelling systems.
- Mathematics In-forms Physics and Physics Per-forms arithmetic: reviews (N Kumar)
- An Incomplete Summing Up of Quantum Measurements (N D Hari Dass)
- Predictive info for Quantum Bio-Systems (Arun Kumar Pati)
- Quantum results in organic platforms (Sisir Roy)
- Instabilities in Sensory tactics (J Balakrishnan)
- Active mobile Mechanics and data Processing within the residing mobile (M Rao)
- On the significance of size Scales in deciding on the Physics of organic structures (B Ashok)
- q-Deformations and the Dynamics of the Larch Bud-Moth inhabitants Cycles (Sudharsana V Iyengar and J Balakrishnan)
- Newtonian Chimpanzees? A Molecular Dynamics method of knowing choice Making via Wild Chimpanzees (Matthew Westley, Surajit Sen and Anindya Sinha)
- Quantum likelihood — a brand new course for Modeling in Cognitive technology (Sisir Roy)
- Knowledge, Its Hierarchy and Its path (Apoorva Patel)
- Some feedback on Numbers and Their Cognition (P P Divakaran)
- Conceptual Revolution of the twentieth Century resulting in One Grand Unified idea — The Quantum Vacuum (B V Sreekantan)
- Classical Coherence, existence and cognizance (Partha Ghose)
- Consciousness — A Verifiable Prediction (N Panchapakesan)
- Gödel, Tarski, Turing and the Conundrum of loose Will (Chetan S Mandayam Nayakar & R Srikanth)
- Mathematics and Cognition (Rajesh Kasturirangan)
Readership: Researchers in existence sciences, physics, cognition, neuroscience, arithmetic and computing device technological know-how, in addition to normal public attracted to figuring out details move in dwelling systems.
- This booklet indicates how at every one point, differing physics techniques and mathematical instruments can be utilized to version and comprehend details move and its processing
Read Online or Download Nature's Longest Threads:New Frontiers in the Mathematics and Physics of Information in Biology PDF
Similar chaos & systems books
The second one legislation, a cornerstone of thermodynamics, governs the typical path of dissipative, non-equilibrium techniques. however it says not anything approximately their real charges or the chance of fluctuations in regards to the usual. This interdisciplinary ebook, written and peer-reviewed through foreign specialists, offers fresh advances within the look for new non-equilibrium rules past the second one legislation, and their functions to a variety of structures throughout physics, chemistry and biology.
The slime mold Physarum polycephalum is a huge mobile noticeable via the unaided eye. It behaves as an clever nonlinear spatially prolonged energetic medium encapsulated in an elastic membrane. The cellphone optimises its development styles in configurations of attractants and repellents. This behaviour is interpreted as computation.
This booklet includes evaluate articles on mathematical body structure that care for heavily comparable subject matters yet have been written and will be learn independently. the 1st article stories the fundamental idea of calcium oscillations (common to just about all phone types), together with spatio-temporal behaviors similar to waves.
This textbook provides the movement of natural nonlinear oscillatory structures and diverse answer approaches which provide the approximate suggestions of the robust nonlinear oscillator equations. It provides the author’s original method for the analytical resolution process of the natural nonlinear oscillator method.
Extra resources for Nature's Longest Threads:New Frontiers in the Mathematics and Physics of Information in Biology