By Elizabeth C. Vozzola
A selection awesome educational identify 2014!
This class-tested textual content presents a entire evaluate of the classical and present theories of ethical improvement and purposes of those theories in a number of counseling and academic settings. full of life and available, this article engages scholars via quite a few examples and packing containers that spotlight functions of ethical improvement innovations in today’s media and/or interviews from a few of today’s top theorists or practitioners. Dilemma of the Day bins support readers observe idea to actual international occasions. each one bankruptcy concludes with dialogue questions and additional assets. precis tables of thought strengths and weaknesses (Part 1) and tables that attach purposes to their theoretical roots are supplied partly 2.
Other highlights include:
- Provides a superb source for classes addressing the CACREP application goals for Human development and improvement.
- Emphasis on software is helping readers make the relationship among thought and ethical problems with our time.
- Examines alterations throughout time and adventure in how humans comprehend correct and mistaken and person alterations in ethical judgments, feelings, and activities.
- Demonstrates how concept is utilized by today‘s supporting pros (Part 1).
- Integrates problems with gender and ethnicity all through to organize readers for working towards in an international tradition.
- Chapter on international views (ch. 6) stories theories at the cultural features of morality together with examples from China, Islam, Latin the USA, and Africa.
- Reviews the most recent examine equipment options utilized in the field.
- Integrates vintage paintings with modern guidance for evaluate and treatment.
- Highlights study at the ethical and empathic improvement of delinquent formative years, psychopaths, and contributors clinically determined at the Autism Spectrum.
Each bankruptcy partially 1 presents a accomplished assessment of the speculation less than overview, its strengths and demanding situations, and examples of ways the idea applies to supporting pros. The theories coated comprise these via Freud, Piaget, Kohlberg, relaxation, Gilligan, Nodding, Bandura, Turiel, Nucci, Haidt, and Shweder. half 1 concludes with a precis of the most important issues and the strengths and weaknesses of every of the theories reviewed. half 2 highlights promising purposes of ethical improvement conception in schooling and counseling. those contain insurance of personality teaching programs according to sound developmental thought and examples of the way drawing on a deep grounding in ethical improvement conception may also help destiny counselors higher assessment their consumers’ cognitive, emotional and behavioral demanding situations. The textual content explores particular methods to assisting consumers with numerous dysfunctional or developmental habit difficulties like behavior affliction and psychopathy.
Ideal as a textual content for complicated undergraduate and/or graduate classes on ethical improvement or ethical psychology or as a complement in classes on human and/or baby and/or social and character improvement taught in psychology, counseling, schooling, human improvement, relations reports, social paintings, and faith, this book’s utilized method additionally appeals to psychological well-being and college counselors.
Read Online or Download Moral Development: Theory and Applications PDF
Similar educational counselling books
The Transformation of Vocational Education and Training (VET) in the Baltic States - Survey of Reforms and Developments: 4 (Technical and Vocational Education ... Training: Issues, Concerns and Prospects)
Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania, one of the most recent member states of the eu Union, are a part of the "Copenhagen process," the EU’s education and schooling initiative. those countries have loved exact awareness in ecu Vocational schooling and coaching (VET) coverage. This e-book experiences and analyses reforms in VET and its functions.
A candid, entire, and insightful rationalization of what library tuition scholars have to do with a view to maximize their possibilities of getting a certified place instantly after graduation.
This precise and well timed textual content examines the main familiar substance and procedure addictions and specializes in present learn and evidence-based therapy suggestions. significant substance addictions mentioned contain alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, methamphetamines, and pharmaceuticals. entire chapters also are dedicated to the main usually pointed out strategy addictions, making this article detailed.
Neighborhood assets for Older Adults: courses and providers in an period of switch, Fourth version, via Robbyn Wacker and Karen Roberto, presents an in-depth assessment of coverage and courses for the "aging network," answering such key questions as "How have courses for older adults developed? " "Who makes use of those assets?
- International Perspectives on Competence in the Workplace: Implications for Research, Policy and Practice
- The Changing Landscape of Youth Work (Adolescence and Education)
- The Challenge of Teaching: Through the Eyes of Pre-service Teachers
- Handbook of Art Therapy, Second Edition
Additional info for Moral Development: Theory and Applications