By Catherine Charcosset
Membrane techniques are more and more utilized in pharmaceutical and biochemical engineering and biotechnology for focus and purification, synthesis of molecules and drug supply platforms, and help for biochemical reactions. This e-book offers a state-of-the paintings evaluate of the classical membrane procedures utilized in pharmaceutical and biochemical engineering and biotechnology, equivalent to ultrafiltration, microfiltration, virus filtration, membrane chromatography, membrane emulsification, liquid membranes and membrane bioreactors. It describes the final principles (principles, selection of configurations, membranes, parameters, etc.), fresh advancements (fouling keep an eye on, elevate permeate flux and selectivity, etc.), functions, and theoretical descriptions. additional, it provides rising strategies equivalent to solvent resistant nanofiltration and membrane crystallization.
- Presents classical membrane strategies comparable to ultrafiltration, microfiltration, virus filtration, membrane chromatography, membrane emulsification, liquid membranes and membrane bioreactors
- Presents rising approaches comparable to solvent resistant nanofiltration and membrane crystallization
- Gives an entire description of every process (principles, membrane fabrics and units, fouling regulate, and theoretical description)
- Contains quite a few examples of applications
- Includes a uniform notation during the ebook improving the presentation and knowing of the content
- Includes huge checklist of references
Read or Download Membrane Processes in Biotechnology and Pharmaceutics PDF
Best biotechnology books
Knowing how angiogenesis "works" and the way to regulate it is going to have great implications at the administration, remedies, and finally the prevention of many universal (and now not so universal) ailments. Angiogenesis is the expansion of latest blood vessels and is a vital traditional procedure within the physique. A fit physique continues an ideal stability of angiogenesis modulators.
This booklet addresses the necessity for a accomplished booklet at the layout, synthesis, and characterization of artificial carbohydrate-based polymeric fabrics besides their organic purposes. the 1st chapters disguise the synthesis and self-assembly of glycopolymers and various concepts for developing those man made polymers.
This publication provides for the 1st time, the scattered novel effects which were completed in very contemporary years in examine on numerous skinny calcium phosphate coatings produced by way of very different options. The comparability of skinny calcium phosphate coatings with the thick plasma-sprayed ones is additionally incorporated within the ebook.
A accomplished and mechanistic standpoint on fruit ripening, emphasizing commonalities and modifications among fruit teams and ripening techniques. end result are an important a part of the human vitamin and comprise very important phytochemicals that offer safety opposed to middle ailment and cancers. Fruit ripening is of importance for human well-being and for industry-based suggestions to harness common version, or genetic amendment, for crop development.
- Proceedings of the 2012 International Conference on Applied Biotechnology (ICAB 2012): Volume 3: 251 (Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering)
- Separation, Extraction and Concentration Processes in the Food, Beverage and Nutraceutical Industries (Woodhead Publishing Series in Food Science, Technology and Nutrition)
- Bayesian Modeling in Bioinformatics (Chapman & Hall/CRC Biostatistics Series)
- Antibody Drug Discovery: 4 (Molecular Medicine and Medicinal Chemistry)
- Betriebsprobleme auf Kläranlagen durch Blähschlamm, Schwimmschlamm, Schaum: Handbuch zur Identifizierung und Bekämpfung fädiger Bakterien (German Edition)
Extra info for Membrane Processes in Biotechnology and Pharmaceutics