By Benjamin M. Rowland,Hannes Adomeit,Dana Allin,David Calleo,Benoit d'Aboville,Mark Gilbert,Gabriel Goodliffe,Thomas Row,Stephen Szabo,Lanxin Xiang,Aaron Zack
Read Online or Download Is the West in Decline?: Historical, Military, and Economic Perspectives PDF
Similar world history books
Assembling an entire and accomplished choice of fabric which illustrates all elements of the emergent women’s flow throughout the years 1850-1900, this interesting ebook will turn out helpful to scholars of 19th century social background and women's experiences, to these learning the Victorian novel and to sociologists.
Fondata nel 1895 da alcuni medici afro-americani esclusi dall’American clinical organization, l. a. nationwide clinical organization rivendicò, nel secondo dopoguerra, l’integrazione delle facoltà di medicina, delle organizzazioni professionali e delle strutture di cura. Il quantity fa luce sulla rilevanza della mobilitazione in campo sanitario e sul legame tra diritti civili e diritto alla salute nella storia delle organizzazioni afro-americane, contribuendo a ricostruire l’apporto della borghesia nera alla lotta in step with l. a. libertà afro-americana.
In 1946, at a time while different French colonies have been simply starting to cut loose of French imperial keep watch over, the folks of the French Antilles-the Caribbean islands of Martinique and Guadeloupe-voted to affix the French kingdom as departments (Départments d'outre mer, or DOMs). Eschewing independence in prefer of entire integration with the metropole, the folks of the French Antilles affirmed their Frenchness in a massive determination that will outline their citizenship and form their politics for many years to return.
The political economist Thomas Robert Malthus (1766-1834) has received expanding and deserved scholarly awareness lately. in addition to the republication of his works and letters, a wealthy physique of scholarship has been produced that enlightens our realizing of his options and arguments. but little has been written at the ways that his message was once translated to, and interpreted via, a well-liked viewers.
- The Captivity of Hans Stade of Hesse, in A.D. 1547-1555, among the Wild Tribes of Eastern Brazil (Hakluyt Society, First Series)
- Encyclopedia of the Yoruba
- Mapping the Renaissance World: The Geographical Imagination in the Age of Discovery
- Capital Cities around the World: An Encyclopedia of Geography, History, and Culture: An Encyclopedia of Geography, History, and Culture
- Affectionate Authorities: Fathers and Fatherly Roles in Late Medieval Basel
- The Journal and Letters of Captain Charles Bishop on the North-West Coast of America, in the Pacific, and in New South Wales, 1794-1799 (Hakluyt Society, Second Series)
Extra resources for Is the West in Decline?: Historical, Military, and Economic Perspectives