By Frances L. Edwards,Daniel C. Goodrich
Transportation is the lifeline of any country, connecting humans, helping the economic system, and facilitating the supply of important items and companies. The September 11 attacks—and different assaults on floor transportation resources, together with the bombings in Madrid, London, Moscow, and Mumbai—demonstrate the vulnerability of the open structures to disruption and the results of the assaults on humans, estate, and the financial system. Now greater than ever, it has turn into primary for companies working within the transportation and transit sectors to enhance accomplished safety courses accounting for either typical and man-made risks and safeguarding humans, areas, and equipment—while even as making sure operations continuity. delivering transportation managers with the data, abilities, and skills to successfully deal with the safety of transportation resources, Introduction to Transportation Security examines:
- Basic theories of safety and emergency management
- The built-in nature of the nation’s severe infrastructure and the threats to transportation in every one floor mode
- Federal corporations operating in emergency administration and transportation defense and their intelligence and reaction requisites and capabilities
- The different types of mess ups that experience happened within the U.S. and chosen international locations, and their major financial impacts
- Cost-beneficial defense techniques geared toward fighting catastrophic disasters in every one transportation mode
- Effective equipment for organizing, checking out, and comparing transportation protection throughout modes and professions
The publication covers all transportation modes and their interconnectivity—including street, air shipment, freight and passenger rail, transit, and maritime. It provides studying goals and dialogue inquiries to attempt assimilation of the fabric and case reviews to facilitate a pragmatic realizing of the ideas. Introduction to Transportation Security presents crucial details for college students in transportation administration courses and execs charged with safeguarding the stream of resources inside our interconnected transportation network.
Read or Download Introduction to Transportation Security PDF
Similar freedom & security books
Firstly of the twenty-first century, millions of grownup Europeans on a regular basis costume up as Scots. They march in kilted pipe and drum bands, toss tree trunks at Highland video games energy competitions, crusade for monuments to commemorate long-gone Scottish infantrymen, even bodily re-enact the Scottish earlier, in armour and belted plaid.
The thawing Antarctic continent deals residing house and marine and mineral assets that have been formerly inaccessible. This booklet discusses how revisiting the Antarctic Treaty method and dividing up the continent preemptively may possibly spare the area critical clash. • Argues that the Antarctic Treaty, which was once opened for signature in 1959, should be reconsidered due to the fact strain keeps to construct for the career of the continent and the exploitation of its residing and non-living assets • means that overseas clash over Antarctica is probably going within the coming a long time, really as the ban on mineral assets is up for revision in 2048• Argues that policymakers have to draw classes from the commercial festival the area is now witnessing within the thawing Arctic Ocean
Safety in Africa: A severe method of Western signs of chance questions the dominant Western narrative of safeguard threats in Africa. in accordance with an research conventional safeguard stories and Western safety coverage, it argues that accepted signs are according to mainstream protection experiences and supply in simple terms circumscribed analyses of threats to foreign protection.
From early modernity to at the present time, society has encountered quite a few varieties of interpersonal violence. via exploration of specific parts inside Europe and Russia to Africa, the USA and Asia, this assortment offers either modifications and connections between quite a few different types of interpersonal violence in several occasions, locations, institutional orders and relationships.
- Just War in Comparative Perspective
- Determining Core Capabilities in Chemical and Biological Defense Science and Technology
- Anglo-American Relations: Contemporary Perspectives (Routledge Advances in International Relations and Global Politics)
- Diplomacy for the 21st Century: Embedding a Culture of Science and Technology Throughout the Department of State
Extra resources for Introduction to Transportation Security