By Rónán O'Beirne
- Combines a pragmatic procedure with an obtainable theoretical underpinning
- Written in an enjoyable and hugely readable variety
- Identifies the foremost stages enthusiastic about setting up a public library studying service
Read or Download From Lending to Learning: The Development and Extension of Public Libraries (Chandos Information Professional Series) PDF
Best library & information science books
Do librarians ‘rock the boat’? Do they problem these round them to win effect and virtue? Why is it that librarians are little stumbled on at the ‘influence’ grid of character evaluate exams? The Machiavellian Librarian deals actual lifestyles examples of librarians who use their wisdom and ability to venture impact, and switch the tide of their, and their library’s, prefer.
The administration of data created in a firm not just permits reuse of information, but additionally provides price to the association itself. combating duplication of highbrow attempt, it saves monetary and human assets, resulting in the construction of latest info. This e-book gathers the knowledge of information managers and researchers within the context of the library and may be a worthy reference resource for all libraries.
The second version of The Care of Prints and Drawings presents useful, common recommendation to these liable for the renovation of works on paper, starting from curators, facility managers, conservators, registrars, assortment care experts, deepest creditors, artists, or scholars of museum reports, visible arts, artwork historical past, or conservation.
The excessive measure of net penetration and its social (and linguistic) results obviously impact how humans, and particularly the hugely vulnerable more youthful generations, use language. the first target of the booklet is not just to spot the attribute positive aspects of the electronic language type (this has already been performed by means of numerous works) yet to ascertain how electronic communique impacts the language of alternative mediums of communique: orality, handwritten texts, digitally created yet now not digitally perceived, that's published texts, together with specifically ads (which fast reply to linguistic change).
- Information Retrieval in Digital Environments (Focus: Information Systems, Web and Pervasive Computing)
- Informing Innovation: Tracking Student Interest in Emerging Library Technologies at Ohio University
- Creating and Maintaining an Information Literacy Instruction Program in the Twenty-First Century: An Ever-Changing Landscape (Chandos Information Professional Series)
- The Librarian's Nitty-Gritty Guide to Content Marketing
Extra info for From Lending to Learning: The Development and Extension of Public Libraries (Chandos Information Professional Series)