By Wayne Wolf
Everything FPGA designers want to know approximately FPGAs and VLSI
Digital designs as soon as inbuilt customized silicon are more and more carried out in box programmable gate arrays (FPGAs). potent FPGA process layout calls for a powerful realizing of VLSI concerns and constraints, and an knowing of the newest FPGA-specific options. during this publication, Princeton University's Wayne Wolf covers every little thing FPGA designers want to know approximately these kind of subject matters: either the "how" and the "why."
Wolf starts via introducing the necessities of VLSI: fabrication, circuits, interconnects, combinational and sequential common sense layout, method architectures, and extra. subsequent, he demonstrates how one can replicate this VLSI wisdom in a cutting-edge layout technique that leverages FPGA's most respected features whereas mitigating its barriers. assurance contains:
- How VLSI features impact FPGAs and FPGA-based common sense layout
- How classical common sense layout ideas relate to FPGA-based common sense layout
- Understanding FPGA materials: the fundamental programmable constructions of FPGAs
- Specifying and optimizing common sense to handle measurement, velocity, and gear intake
- Verilog, VHDL, and software program instruments for optimizing good judgment and designs
- The constitution of enormous electronic platforms, together with register-transfer layout technique
- Building large-scale platform and multi-FPGA platforms
- A start-to-finish DSP case learn addressing quite a lot of layout problems
Professional Technical Reference
Upper Saddle River, NJ 07458
Read or Download FPGA-Based System Design (paperback) (Prentice Hall Signal Integrity Library) PDF
Best electronics books
Fascinating new advancements are allowing sensors to head past the area of easy sensing of stream or catch of pictures to carry details akin to position in a equipped surroundings, the experience of contact, and the presence of chemical compounds. those sensors release the opportunity of smarter platforms, permitting machines to have interaction with the area round them in additional clever and complex methods.
Computerized Modulation type (AMC) has been a key expertise in lots of army, protection, and civilian telecommunication purposes for many years. In army and protection functions, modulation frequently serves as one other point of encryption; in sleek civilian purposes, a number of modulation forms will be hired by means of a sign transmitter to manage the knowledge expense and hyperlink reliability.
This textbook offers finished, in-depth insurance of the basic strategies of electric engineering. it really is written from an engineering standpoint, with exact emphasis on circuit performance and purposes. Reliance on higher-level arithmetic and physics, or theoretical proofs has been deliberately constrained so that it will prioritize the sensible elements of electric engineering.
Functions which use instant sensors are expanding in quantity. The emergence of instant sensor networks has additionally prompted the combination of a big variety of small and light-weight nodes which combine sensors, processors, and instant transceivers. Existing books on instant sensor networks frequently specialise in protocols and networks and pay little consciousness to the sensors themselves which the writer believes is the main target.
- Elements of Optical Communication and Optoelectronics
- Bio-inspired Flying Robots: Experimental Synthesis of Autonomous Indoor Flyers (Engineering Sciencs: Microtechnology)
- An Introduction to the Physics and Electrochemistry of Semiconductors: Fundamentals and Applications
- Electrothermal Frequency References in Standard CMOS (Analog Circuits and Signal Processing)
- Memristors and Memristive Systems
- Modeling and Simulation of Logistics Flows 1: Theory and Fundamentals
Extra resources for FPGA-Based System Design (paperback) (Prentice Hall Signal Integrity Library)