By Ralf Et Al Metzler,Ralf Metzler,Gleb Oshanin,Sidney Redner
The ebook includes overview articles on contemporary advances in first-passage phenomena and functions contributed through top overseas specialists. it really is meant for graduate scholars and researchers who're drawn to studying approximately this fascinating and significant topic.
- Arrival facts and Exploration houses of Mortal Walkers (S B Yuste, E Abad and ok Lindenberg)
- First Passage of a Randomly speeded up Particle (T W Burkhardt)
- First Passage difficulties in Anomalous Diffusion (A Rosso and A Zoia)
- First-Passage instances of Intermittent Random Walks (O Bénichou and R Voituriez)
- First-Passage Phenomena on Finite Inhomogeneous Networks (E Agliari and D Cassi)
- Effective Spectral size in Scale-Free Networks (S Hwang, D-S Lee and B Kahng)
- First-Passage data for Random Walks in Bounded domain names (R Voituriez and O Bénichou)
- First Passage habit of Multi-Dimensional Fractional Brownian movement and alertness to response Phenomena (J-H Jeon, A V Chechkin and R Metzler)
- Trajectory-to-Trajectory Fluctuations in First-Passage Phenomena in Bounded domain names (T G Mattos, C Mejía-Monasterio, R Metzler, G Oshanin and G Schehr)
- Exact list and Order Statists of Random stroll through First-Passage rules (G Schehr and S N Majumdar)
- First Passage in a Conical Geometry and Ordering of Brownian debris (E Ben-Naim and P L Krapivsky)
- First Passage Time difficulties in Biophysical leap tactics with quick Kinetics (P C Bressloff and J M Newby)
- First Passage difficulties in Biology (T Chou and M R D'Orsogna)
- The impact of Detection Mechanisms on Spatial seek and Foraging (D Campos and V Méndez)
- Search in Random Media with Lévy Flights (E Gelenbe and O H Abdelrahman)
- Exit concepts: visible seek and the Quitting Time challenge (T S Horowitz)
- Statistical Physics of Evolutionary Trajectories on health Landscapes (M Manhart and A V Morozov)
- Some functions of First-Passage rules to Finance (R Chicheportiche and J-P Bouchaud)
- First-Passage and Extremes in Socio-Economic platforms (J Masoliver and J Perelló)
- Transport and the First-Passage Time challenge with program to chilly Atoms in Optical Traps (E Barkai and D A Kessler)
- The day trip Set concept in Cosmology (M Maggiore and A Riottoo)
- Self-Organized get away methods of Linear Chains in Nonlinear Potentials (T Gross, D Hennig and L Schimansky-Geier)
- Efficient Monte Carlo equipment for Simulating Diffusion-Reaction procedures in advanced structures (D S Grebenkov)
Readership: Researchers in stochastic procedures, statistical physics, and mathematical physics.
- Comprehensive replace of the classical ebook through Sidney Redner
- Applications to wide-ranging and energetic fields of research
- Well-known authors within the field
Read Online or Download First-Passage Phenomena and Their Applications PDF
Similar mathematical physics books
Supergravity, including string conception, is among the most vital advancements in theoretical physics. Written by means of of the main revered staff within the box, this is often the first-ever authoritative and systematic account of supergravity. The e-book begins by means of reviewing features of relativistic box conception in Minkowski spacetime.
This publication offers a finished therapy of the Gross–Pitaevskii equation with a periodic power; specifically, the localized modes supported via the periodic strength. It takes the mean-field version of the Bose–Einstein condensation because the place to begin of study and addresses the lifestyles and balance of localized modes.
Die Relativitätstheorie gehört zu den bekanntesten Theorien der Physik. Auch wenn ihre unmittelbaren Auswirkungen auf unser tägliches Leben praktisch vernachlässigbar sind, geht von ihr dennoch eine große Faszination aus. Das vorliegende Buch bahnt physikalisch interessierten Lesern mit grundlegenden Kenntnissen der höheren Mathematik einen anschaulichen und nachvollziehbaren Weg zum Verständnis der Relativitätstheorie.
This e-book offers a accomplished creation to numerical modeling of dimension results in steel plasticity. the most periods of pressure gradient plasticity formulations are defined and successfully applied within the context of the finite point procedure. a strong numerical framework is gifted and hired to enquire the position of pressure gradients on structural integrity review.
- Mathematical Models and Methods for Planet Earth (Springer INdAM Series)
- Group Theory in Physics: An Introduction (Techniques of Physics)
Additional info for First-Passage Phenomena and Their Applications