By George H.T. Kimble
Read or Download Esmeraldo de situ orbis, by Duarte Pacheco Pereira (Hakluyt Society, Second Series) PDF
Similar world history books
Assembling a whole and accomplished choice of fabric which illustrates all points of the emergent women’s move throughout the years 1850-1900, this interesting publication will turn out precious to scholars of 19th century social historical past and women's stories, to these learning the Victorian novel and to sociologists.
Fondata nel 1895 da alcuni medici afro-americani esclusi dall’American clinical organization, l. a. nationwide scientific organization rivendicò, nel secondo dopoguerra, l’integrazione delle facoltà di medicina, delle organizzazioni professionali e delle strutture di cura. Il quantity fa luce sulla rilevanza della mobilitazione in campo sanitario e sul legame tra diritti civili e diritto alla salute nella storia delle organizzazioni afro-americane, contribuendo a ricostruire l’apporto della borghesia nera alla lotta in step with los angeles libertà afro-americana.
In 1946, at a time while different French colonies have been simply commencing to separate from of French imperial regulate, the folk of the French Antilles-the Caribbean islands of Martinique and Guadeloupe-voted to affix the French state as departments (Départments d'outre mer, or DOMs). Eschewing independence in desire of entire integration with the metropole, the folks of the French Antilles affirmed their Frenchness in a massive determination that might outline their citizenship and form their politics for many years to come back.
The political economist Thomas Robert Malthus (1766-1834) has won expanding and deserved scholarly consciousness lately. in addition to the republication of his works and letters, a wealthy physique of scholarship has been produced that enlightens our knowing of his strategies and arguments. but little has been written at the ways that his message used to be translated to, and interpreted via, a well-liked viewers.
- A Companion to Nineteenth-Century Europe, 1789 - 1914: 1789-1914 (Blackwell Companions to European History)
- Shell Shock and the Modernist Imagination: The Death Drive in Post-World War I British Fiction
- New Light on Drake, A Collection of Documents relating to his Voyage of Circumnavigation, 1577-1580 (Hakluyt Society, Second Series)
- Revolutionary Refugees: German Socialism in Britain, 1840-1860 (Routledge Studies in Modern British History)
- Coping with Crisis: The Resilience and Vulnerability of Pre-Industrial Settlements (Rural Worlds: Economic, Social and Cultural Histories of Agricultures and Rural Societies)
- Freemasonry and the Press in the Twentieth Century: A National Newspaper Study of England and Wales
Additional resources for Esmeraldo de situ orbis, by Duarte Pacheco Pereira (Hakluyt Society, Second Series)