By Steven H. Voldman
This e-book experiences electric overstress, ESD, and latchup from a whole-chip ESD layout synthesis strategy. It presents a transparent perception into the combination of ESD defense networks from a generalist point of view, via examples in particular applied sciences, circuits, and chips. Uniquely either the semiconductor chip integration concerns and floorplanning of ESD networks are lined from a ‘top-down' layout approach.
Look inside of for broad assurance on:
- integration of cores, strength bussing, and sign pins in DRAM, SRAM, CMOS picture processing chips, microprocessors, analog items, RF parts and the way the combination impacts ESD layout and integration
- architecturing of combined voltage, combined sign, to RF layout for ESD analysis
- floorplanning for peripheral and middle I/O designs, and the results on ESD and latchup
- guard ring integration for either a ‘bottom-up' and ‘top-down' technique addressing I/O safeguard earrings, ESD protect jewelry, I/O to I/O, and I/O to core
- classification of ESD energy clamps and ESD sign pin circuitry, and the way to make the proper selection for a given semiconductor chip
- examples of ESD layout for the cutting-edge applied sciences mentioned, together with CMOS, BiCMOS, silicon on insulator (SOI), bipolar expertise, excessive voltage CMOS (HVCMOS), RF CMOS, and clever power
- practical equipment for the certainty of ESD circuit strength distribution, flooring rule improvement, inner bus distribution, present direction research, caliber metrics
ESD: layout and Synthesis is a continuation of the author's sequence of books on ESD defense. it really is an important reference for: ESD, circuit, and semiconductor engineers; layout synthesis workforce leaders; format layout, characterisation, floorplanning, attempt and reliability engineers; technicians; and groundrule and try out web site builders within the production and layout of semiconductor chips.
It is additionally beneficial for graduate and undergraduate scholars in electric engineering, semiconductor sciences, and production sciences, and on classes related to the layout of ESD units, chips and platforms. This e-book bargains an invaluable perception into the problems that confront smooth expertise as we input the nano-electronic era.
Read Online or Download ESD: Design and Synthesis PDF
Similar electronics books
Interesting new advancements are permitting sensors to move past the area of straightforward sensing of circulate or catch of pictures to bring details similar to place in a equipped atmosphere, the experience of contact, and the presence of chemical compounds. those sensors free up the potential of smarter platforms, permitting machines to engage with the realm round them in additional clever and complicated methods.
Computerized Modulation type (AMC) has been a key know-how in lots of army, defense, and civilian telecommunication functions for many years. In army and safety functions, modulation frequently serves as one other point of encryption; in smooth civilian purposes, a number of modulation varieties may be hired by means of a sign transmitter to regulate the information price and hyperlink reliability.
This textbook presents accomplished, in-depth assurance of the elemental thoughts of electric engineering. it truly is written from an engineering point of view, with specific emphasis on circuit performance and purposes. Reliance on higher-level arithmetic and physics, or theoretical proofs has been deliberately restricted in an effort to prioritize the sensible elements of electric engineering.
Purposes which use instant sensors are expanding in quantity. The emergence of instant sensor networks has additionally encouraged the combination of a giant variety of small and light-weight nodes which combine sensors, processors, and instant transceivers. Existing books on instant sensor networks commonly specialize in protocols and networks and pay little recognition to the sensors themselves which the writer believes is the main target.
- Hybrid Fault Tolerance Techniques to Detect Transient Faults in Embedded Processors
- Smart Materials
- Model-Based System Architecture (Wiley Series in Systems Engineering and Management)
- Stimulus-Response Compatibility Principles: Data, Theory, and Application
Additional resources for ESD: Design and Synthesis