By David J. Katz,Rick Gentile
A key expertise permitting fast moving embedded media processing advancements is the high-performance, low-power, small-footprint convergent processor, a really expert equipment that mixes the real-time regulate of a conventional microcontroller with the sign processing energy of a DSP. This functional consultant is your one-stop store for figuring out how you can enforce this state of the art know-how. you'll learn the way to:
- Choose the correct processor for an application.
- Architect your method to prevent difficulties on the outset.
- Manage your info flows and reminiscence accesses in order that they line up properly
- Make smart-trade-offs in transportable purposes among energy concerns and computational performance.
- Divide processing initiatives throughout a number of cores.
- Program frameworks that optimize functionality with out needlessly expanding programming version complexity.
- Implement benchmarking suggestions that can assist you adapt a framework to top healthy a aim software, and masses more!
Covering the whole spectrum of EMP-related layout concerns, from easy-to-understand factors of uncomplicated structure and direct reminiscence entry (DMA), to in-depth discussions of code optimization and gear administration, this sensible ebook could be a useful relief to each engineer operating with EMP, from the newbie to the professional expert.
- Comprehensive topic insurance with emphasis on functional application
- Essential meeting language code integrated all through text
- Many real-world examples utilizing Analog's well known Blackfin Processor architecture
Read or Download Embedded Media Processing (Embedded Technology) PDF
Similar systems architecture books
This can be either a realistic and theoretical consultant detailing the right way to installation a profitable ProVision® process, utilizing a few actual enterprise circumstances alongside the best way. in contrast to different structure books, the process is holistic - it appears to be like on the complete lifecycle of creating a enterprise case, via to utilizing the product.
This ebook describes how engineers could make optimal use of the 2 commonplace analysis/design instruments, SystemC and SystemC-AMS. The authors use a system-level layout procedure, emphasizing how SystemC and SystemC-AMS beneficial properties should be exploited such a lot successfully to analyze/understand a given digital approach and discover the layout area.
This publication is key examining for these wishing to acquire a platforms point of view and a wide view at the historical past, functionality and alertness of the most recent advancements in HSPA within the context of the calls for on today’s cellular broadband units and networks. It takes the reader behind the curtain of 3GPP and gives an simply obtainable figuring out of the fundamental rules, the most recent steps within the standard’s evolution, and the motivations in the back of the advance of standardized beneficial properties.
This ebook introduces a brand new point of abstraction that closes the distance among the textual specification of embedded structures and the executable version on the digital approach point (ESL). Readers might be enabled to function at this new, Formal Specification point (FSL), utilizing versions which not just let major verification projects during this early level of the layout circulate, but additionally could be extracted semi-automatically from the textual specification in an interactive demeanour.
- Autonomic Computing Enabled Cooperative Networked Design (SpringerBriefs in Computer Science)
- Getting Started with OpenVMS System Management (HP Technologies)
- Wireless Communications Design Handbook: Space Interference: Aspects of Noise, Interference and Environmental Concerns: 1
- On-Chip Communication Architectures: System on Chip Interconnect (Systems on Silicon)
- RFID Security: A Lightweight Paradigm (Analog Circuits and Signal Processing)
Extra info for Embedded Media Processing (Embedded Technology)