By Matthew G. Hannah
Read or Download Dark Territory in the Information Age: Learning from the West German Census Controversies of the 1980s PDF
Similar demography books
Elevated woman participation within the labour marketplace is a truly major function of contemporary monetary improvement. This quantity analyzes how demographic stipulations have preferred or slowed the rise and what the demographic results of the rise will be.
The us is likely one of the wealthiest countries on this planet, however it is much from the healthiest. Although existence expectancy and survival charges within the usa have better dramatically over the last century, americans reside shorter lives and adventure extra accidents and health problems than humans in different high-income international locations.
Most folks price to have kids nonetheless hugely. yet what's the optimum second to have the 1st? the choice on having youngsters or no longer and if convinced at the timing of the 1st is among the such a lot tough ones to make, additionally since it kind of coincides with quite a few different heavy judgements on shaping the lifestyles path (like on union formation, labour marketplace profession, housing lodging, and so forth.
In accordance with China’s lately published 2010 inhabitants census information, this edited quantity analyses the newest demographic developments in China, within the context of vital social and monetary upheavals. The editor and the professional participants describe the most gains of China’s demography, and concentrate on the main points of this most modern section of its demographic transition.
- Demography and Infrastructure: National and Regional Aspects of Demographic Change: 51 (Environment & Policy)
- Politics and Population Control: A Documentary History (Documentary Reference Collections)
- A Cultural History of the British Census: Envisioning the Multitude in the Nineteenth Century (Palgrave Studies in Cultural and Intellectual History)
- The Roots of Ethnic Cleansing in Europe (Problems of International Politics)
- Undecided Nation: Political Gridlock and the Immigration Crisis (Immigrants and Minorities, Politics and Policy)
Additional info for Dark Territory in the Information Age: Learning from the West German Census Controversies of the 1980s