By Rainbow Murray,Pippa Norris
This exam of the function of gender stereotyping in media insurance of govt elections makes use of 9 case reports from worldwide to supply a different comparative perspective.
• Essays through thirteen uncommon students combining examine on gender and elections with services in a specific country
• A desk highlighting key findings for every case research, facilitating comparability in a manner that has now not formerly been possible
• A bibliography that brings jointly readings on gender, elections, and media stereotyping from the us and 8 different international locations round the world
Read or Download Cracking the Highest Glass Ceiling: A Global Comparison of Women's Campaigns for Executive Office (Women and Minorities in Politics) PDF
Best government books
Why have referendums on eu integration proliferated because the Seventies? How are referendums accommodated inside member states' constitutional orders and with what effect at the eu integration method? what's the most likely institutional influence of referendums at the way forward for the eu integration method?
The Fence and the Bridge is ready the advance of the Canada–US border-security dating as an outgrowth of the a lot lengthier Canada–US courting. It means that this courting has been either hugely reflexive and hegemonic through the years, and that such realities are embodied within the metaphorical photographs and texts that describe the Canada–US border over its historical past.
The EU's 'social size' at the present time is a made from the ideology of the Nineties. Its employment box is directed to extend the employability of staff and the adaptability of work marketplace regimes. The ebook argues that this social-liberal method is healthier defined with a suite of rules strategically complex through 'thought groups' within the coverage method.
The normal knowledge of financial vote casting thought argues nation's financial functionality drives electoral results. for that reason, citizens will carry an management responsible for its fiscal stewardship. Austin Hart demanding situations the simplicity of this suggestion, drawing on cognitive-psychological learn on priming to illustrate that the depth of citizens' publicity to fiscal crusade messages systematically stipulations the energy of the industrial vote.
- Ecoambiguity, Community, and Development: Toward a Politicized Ecocriticism (Ecocritical Theory and Practice)
- China as a Polar Great Power
- American Exceptionalism: An Idea that Made a Nation and Remade the World (Routledge Studies in US Foreign Policy)
- A Mathematical Approach to Proportional Representation: Duncan Black on Lewis Carroll
Additional info for Cracking the Highest Glass Ceiling: A Global Comparison of Women's Campaigns for Executive Office (Women and Minorities in Politics)