By Dolores E. Battle
Written by means of a few of the most sensible researchers and clinicians within the box, Communication issues in Multicultural Populations, 4th Edition deals an in-depth examine the key cultural teams within the U.S. and the problems relating their communique improvement, universal problems, and treatment plans. This fourth variation includes a wealth of updates and new features — together with the newest study and additional assurance of communique concerns in nations similar to Australia, China, Canada, and Brazil — to provide speech-language pathology scholars and speech-language pathologists a balanced and international standpoint at the so much topical multicultural conversation problems with today.
- Comprehensive coverage makes a speciality of a wide selection of cultural and age populations.
- Cutting-edge study and data provide up to date discussions in accordance with the most recent stories in multiculturalism because it pertains to the SLP and AuD professions.
- Diverse panel of specialist authors comprise many of the best researchers and clinicians within the field.
- Additional resources supply a targeted directory of print and digital resources on the finish of every bankruptcy to aid extra in-depth learn of a selected subject.
- Chapter on foreign perspectives tackles matters in international locations similar to Australia, Canada, China, and Brazil to offer you a extra international realizing of communique disorders.
- The most recent statistics from the 2010 U.S. Census document bargains the most up-tp-date info to be had.
- Increased content on older adults covers the multicultural concerns, voice problems, and neurogenic problems specific to this significant demographic.
- Case studies provide you with perform fixing reasonable scientific problems.
- Chapter evaluate and conclusion define the major details in every one bankruptcy and function a list for content material mastery.
Read Online or Download Communication Disorders in Multicultural Populations - E-Book PDF
Similar neuropsychology books
The fourth variation of primary Neuroscience reinvents itself as an engrossing and entire presentation of the self-discipline of neuroscience, from molecules to cognition. Thorough yet succinct, and lavishly illustrated, the publication builds from an introductory part that incorporates primary neuroanatomy and is going directly to conceal mobile and molecular neuroscience, improvement, sensory platforms, motor structures, regulatory structures, and behavioral and cognitive neuroscience.
Unlike the author's past booklet, therapeutic the incredible: Treating Ritual Abuse and brain keep an eye on, which used to be for therapists, this booklet is designed for survivors of those abuses. It takes the survivor systematically via figuring out the abuses and the way his or her indicators should be results of those abuses, and offers sensible suggestion relating to how a survivor can in achieving balance and deal with the lifestyles matters with which she or he could have hassle.
Chorea: motives and administration presents a entire and well timed replace for the wide range of neurological stipulations, either inherited and bought, which bring about this universal hyperkinetic circulate sickness. This ebook describes intimately the most recent scientific and etiological information about chorea.
Neuropsychiatric problems and Epigenetics is a complete reference for the epigenetic foundation of most typical neuropsychiatric problems. the quantity is geared up into chapters representing person neuropsychiatric problems, from addition to weight problems contributed through major specialists of their respective fields.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Dental Phobia and Anxiety
- Dream Science: Exploring the Forms of Consciousness
- Open Minds: The Social Making of Agency and Intentionality (MIT Press)
- The Mind-Body Interface in Somatization: When Symptom Becomes Disease
- Mirror Neuron Systems: The Role of Mirroring Processes in Social Cognition (Contemporary Neuroscience)
- Guide to Psychological Assessment with Hispanics
Additional info for Communication Disorders in Multicultural Populations - E-Book