By Brenda, Dr., PhD Jones,Thelma, Dr., PhD Duffey,Shane, Dr., PhD Haberstroh
Includes powerful artistic and expressive interventions
This cutting-edge selection of 30 real-life situations on counseling teenagers and kids emphasizes the developmental, relational, and cultural contexts of operating with this inhabitants, and comprises cutting edge recommendations throughout quite a lot of ways. meant as a spouse to baby and adolescent counseling texts, it bargains counselors-in-training examples of hands-on, concrete, and conceivable purposes that supply possibilities for ability and thought improvement. those case stories are distinctive via their emphasis at the severe influence of such systematic contexts as kinfolk, friends, and faculty, in addition to developmental and cultural contexts. The inclusion of artistic and expressive interventions—often the best options in operating with this population—make this an exceptional academic source.
The case studies—representing an esteemed number of contributing authors-- deal with such ubiquitous subject matters as abuse, nervousness, giftedness, incapacity, physique photograph, substance abuse, social media, grief, bullying, altering households, army households, incarcerated family, race and ethnicity, and sexual id and orientation. each one case follows a constant structure, constructed from an outline of the younger person’s featuring concerns, a conceptualization of those matters, an outline of the counseling technique, an overview of wanted results, and an in depth dialogue that comes with systemic contexts, developmental and relational concerns, multicultural views, and suggestions to be used of artistic interventions.
- Delivers a wide selection of situations overlaying modern matters general between teenagers and adolescents
- Emphasizes developmental, systematic, and contextual affects together with relations, university, peer, and cultural influences
- Includes such therapy ways as short, solution-focused, CBT, reality/choice, narrative, and relational/cultural
- Includes ideas for inventive interventions with every one case and time effective equipment whilst applicable.
Read Online or Download Child and Adolescent Counseling Case Studies: Developmental, Relational, Multicultural, and Systemic Perspectives PDF
Best educational counselling books
The Transformation of Vocational Education and Training (VET) in the Baltic States - Survey of Reforms and Developments: 4 (Technical and Vocational Education ... Training: Issues, Concerns and Prospects)
Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania, one of the most modern member states of the ecu Union, are a part of the "Copenhagen process," the EU’s education and schooling initiative. those international locations have loved exact recognition in ecu Vocational schooling and coaching (VET) coverage. This e-book studies and analyses reforms in VET and its purposes.
A candid, entire, and insightful clarification of what library institution scholars have to do with a view to maximize their possibilities of getting a certified place instantly after graduation.
This detailed and well timed textual content examines the main primary substance and technique addictions and specializes in present study and evidence-based therapy innovations. significant substance addictions mentioned contain alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, methamphetamines, and pharmaceuticals. entire chapters also are dedicated to the main often stated approach addictions, making this article particular.
Group assets for Older Adults: courses and providers in an period of switch, Fourth variation, via Robbyn Wacker and Karen Roberto, presents an in-depth evaluate of coverage and courses for the "aging network," answering such key questions as "How have courses for older adults advanced? " "Who makes use of those assets?
- Practical Guide to the Packaging of Electronics: Thermal and Mechanical Design and Analysis, Third Edition
- Implementation of Mental Health Programs in Schools: A Change Agent's Guide (Division 16 Book Series -- Psychology in Schools)
- English Language Training in the Workplace: Case Studies of Corporate Programs in China (Technical and Vocational Education and Training: Issues, Concerns and Prospects)
- Introduction to Professional School Counseling: Advocacy, Leadership, and Intervention
- Helping Relationships With Older Adults: From Theory to Practice (Counseling and Professional Identity)
- Education and Incarceration
Additional info for Child and Adolescent Counseling Case Studies: Developmental, Relational, Multicultural, and Systemic Perspectives