By Marc Farley
An creation to garage units, Subsystems, functions, administration, and dossier Systems
- Learn primary garage options with this complete advent
- Compare garage machine applied sciences, together with Fibre Channel, SCSI, ATA, and SATA and comprehend their makes use of in community garage subsystems
- Learn approximately key garage tactics akin to quantity administration, garage virtualization, information snapshots, mirroring, RAID, backup, and multipathing
- Clarify the jobs of dossier structures and databases inside community garage
- Take the following step—this e-book prepares you to develop into a garage networking expert
Storage networking has develop into an important aspect in web details infrastructures. changing into efficient during this new and critical expertise quarter calls for a valid knowing of garage applied sciences and rules. Storage Networking Fundamentals can provide an in-depth check out crucial garage applied sciences. the complete garage panorama is defined, incorporating an entire view of process, gadget, and subsystem operations and techniques. the right way to guard information successfully utilizing mirroring, RAID, distant reproduction, and backup/ restoration platforms. digital garage applied sciences, resembling quantity administration, RAID, and community virtualization, are analyzed and mentioned intimately. High-availability garage via dynamic multipathing and clustered/distributed dossier structures is defined as are designs for strong garage subsystems. ultimately, the complicated and arcane worlds of dossier structures and SCSI are clarified, together with the position of initiators, ambitions, logical devices, and LUNs.
Storage Networking Fundamentals is a complete review of garage applied sciences that still presents insights on designing and working SAN and NAS implementations.
This booklet is a part of the Cisco Press basics sequence. Books during this sequence introduce networking pros to new networking applied sciences, protecting community topologies, instance deployment strategies, protocols, and administration techniques.