By Alan Agresti
Praise for the second one Edition
"A must-have ebook for a person looking forward to to do learn and/or purposes in specific facts analysis."
—Statistics in Medicine
"It is a complete pride examining this book."
"If you do any research of express information, this can be a necessary machine reference."
The use of statistical equipment for examining express info has elevated dramatically, relatively within the biomedical, social sciences, and fiscal industries. Responding to new advancements, this booklet deals a entire therapy of an important equipment for express facts analysis.
Categorical info research, 3rd Edition summarizes the most recent equipment for univariate and correlated multivariate express responses. Readers will discover a unified generalized linear versions technique that connects logistic regression and Poisson and unfavourable binomial loglinear types for discrete facts with general regression for non-stop facts. This variation additionally features:
- An emphasis on logistic and probit regression tools for binary, ordinal, and nominal responses for self reliant observations and for clustered facts with marginal versions and random results models
- Two new chapters on substitute tools for binary reaction information, together with smoothing and regularization tools, category equipment reminiscent of linear discriminant research and type timber, and cluster analysis
- New sections introducing the Bayesian strategy for ways in that chapter
- More than a hundred analyses of information units and over six hundred exercises
- Notes on the finish of every bankruptcy that offer references to fresh examine and issues no longer coated within the textual content, associated with a bibliography of greater than 1,200 sources
- A supplementary web site exhibiting tips to use R and SAS; for all examples within the textual content, with info additionally approximately SPSS and Stata and with workout solutions
Categorical info research, 3rd Edition is a useful device for statisticians and methodologists, corresponding to biostatisticians and researchers within the social and behavioral sciences, drugs and public future health, advertising, schooling, finance, organic and agricultural sciences, and commercial caliber control.
Read Online or Download Categorical Data Analysis (Wiley Series in Probability and Statistics) PDF
Similar data mining books
Information uncertainty is an idea heavily similar with such a lot actual existence functions that contain info assortment and interpretation. Examples are available in facts obtained with biomedical tools or different experimental suggestions. Integration of strong optimization within the current facts mining innovations target to create new algorithms resilient to blunders and noise.
With today’s shoppers spending extra time on their mobiles than on their desktops, new tools of empirical stochastic modeling have emerged that could offer sellers with designated information regarding the goods, content material, and prone their shoppers hope. information Mining cellular units defines the gathering of machine-sensed environmental facts touching on human social habit.
Info safeguard Analytics provides insights into the perform of analytics and, extra importantly, how one can make the most of analytic options to spot developments and outliers that will not be attainable to spot utilizing conventional safeguard research suggestions. info protection Analytics dispels the parable that analytics in the details protection area is restricted to only defense incident and occasion administration platforms and uncomplicated community research.
A number of standards selection Making (MCDM) is a subfield of Operations study, facing selection making difficulties. A decision-making challenge is characterised by way of the necessity to pick out one or a couple of between a couple of choices. the sector of MCDM assumes specific significance during this period of massive facts and company Analytics.
- Proceedings of the International Congress on Information and Communication Technology: ICICT 2015, Volume 1 (Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing)
- Dynamic Secularization: Information Technology and the Tension Between Religion and Science
- Computational Science and Its Applications – ICCSA 2017: 17th International Conference, Trieste, Italy, July 3-6, 2017, Proceedings, Part VI (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
Extra info for Categorical Data Analysis (Wiley Series in Probability and Statistics)