By Jennifer R., PhD Curry,Amy, DEd Milsom
Praise for the 1st Edition:
"Serves as a great foundational text…I am very grateful that the authors wrote this article. [It] is written for college counselors via tuition counselor educators!"
-Gene Eakin, PhD, tuition Counseling software Lead, Oregon kingdom University
"The college counseling concentration makes it distinctive… This is…a nice development to different texts I’ve used and that i plan to proceed utilizing it."
-Dr. Carolyn Berger, Chair, division of Counseling, Nova Southeastern University
Fully up to date to serve the wishes of faculty counselors in education, this is still the single textual content to provide a complete, developmental, and useful method of getting ready college counselors to conceptualize the profession improvement and college-readiness wishes of P-12 scholars. the second one version displays the ASCA’s new Mindsets & Behaviors for pupil good fortune, which specializes in collage and career-readiness criteria for all scholars, 2016 CACREP criteria, and the 2015 each pupil Succeeds Act. The textual content is uniquely grounded in developmental, ecosystemic, and profession theories as a foundation for occupation interventions.
Considering the diversity of psychosocial, cognitive, and educational improvement spanning P-12 scholars, the authors assessment proper developmental and occupation theories as a beginning for the layout of sequential and developmentally applicable occupation and college-readiness curricula and interventions. The textual content offers university counselors and educators concrete examples of ways to choose, enforce, and review the results of interventions grounded in quite a few occupation counseling theories and addresses occupation improvement and faculty readiness wishes by way of grade point. additionally integrated is elevated info on variety; reflections and recommendation from genuine university counselors; up to date information, references, and appendices; and an up-to-date Instructor’s guide, attempt financial institution, and PowerPoint slides.
- New to the second one Edition:
- Features a “Building a College-Going tradition” part that expands insurance on collage readiness counseling
- Reflects up to date laws and coverage info together with ASCA’s new Mindsets & Behaviors for scholar luck, 2016 CACREP criteria, each scholars Succeeds Act, and the succeed in greater Initiative
- Completely new bankruptcy on collage and profession determination making
- "Voices from the sphere" highlighting reports from real tuition counselors
- Enhanced teacher assets together with Instructor’s consultant, attempt financial institution, and PowerPoint slides
- Key Features:
- The purely entire textual content dedicated to profession and faculty counseling for college counselors; written by way of former tuition counselors
- Disseminates present information and study concentrating on university readiness wishes of numerous populations
- Includes interventions grounded in concept and attached to nationwide standards
Read Online or Download Career and College Readiness Counseling in P-12 Schools, Second Edition PDF
Similar educational counselling books
The Transformation of Vocational Education and Training (VET) in the Baltic States - Survey of Reforms and Developments: 4 (Technical and Vocational Education ... Training: Issues, Concerns and Prospects)
Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania, one of the latest member states of the ecu Union, are a part of the "Copenhagen process," the EU’s education and schooling initiative. those international locations have loved specified consciousness in eu Vocational schooling and coaching (VET) coverage. This booklet experiences and analyses reforms in VET and its purposes.
A candid, finished, and insightful clarification of what library tuition scholars have to do that allows you to maximize their possibilities of getting a certified place instantly after graduation.
This specified and well timed textual content examines the main standard substance and method addictions and makes a speciality of present examine and evidence-based therapy suggestions. significant substance addictions mentioned comprise alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, methamphetamines, and pharmaceuticals. entire chapters also are dedicated to the main usually mentioned method addictions, making this article specified.
Group assets for Older Adults: courses and prone in an period of swap, Fourth version, by way of Robbyn Wacker and Karen Roberto, offers an in-depth assessment of coverage and courses for the "aging network," answering such key questions as "How have courses for older adults developed? " "Who makes use of those assets?
- Changing Landscape of Academic Women's Health Care in the United States: 48 (International Library of Ethics, Law, and the New Medicine)
Additional resources for Career and College Readiness Counseling in P-12 Schools, Second Edition